Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newbie questions

Argonaut

Hi I just purchased a 2008 Wakesetter LSV and have a few questions I am hoping this forum can help with :)

1) The stainless bolts that hold the steel picnic table rod are completely loose ...no nuts or anything...were there nut or how is it fastened in place ? See attached photos.

2) How do I tell if
       a) There more than one bilge pump?
       b) There is a seat heater?
       c) Looking at aftermarket wake racks...they just screw into the tower?

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

Also, since you have it out, now is a good time to paint or powdercoat if you want.  I can't tell by the picture if there is a glare and it is painted or if is bare aluminum like mine was, but I painted mine with white epoxy paint and it certainly was nicer on the feet on a sunny day (no more hot plate) and gave it a more finished look.

• Like 1

Thank you. I must be missing something simple :) How did you screw on the nuts? Does part (or the entire  floor panel) lift up so you can reach the other side?

I like the idea of painting it! Will do!

Yeah, on my model there are 2 screws at the front corners that you have to dig to find.  Mine were about 3/8" or so in from the corners.  That allows the front to come up.  On the backside, there are screws holding the seat rail down (again, this is my model, yours may vary) and the very end of the tank cover lays under the seat rail, so loosening the seat rail allows the tank cover to come up.  Be careful, as the corners are very sharp.

If you dont ever plan on using the table (dont know too many people who do), you can buy a replacement rug from Wakemakers without the hole.  That way the hole is just covered up since its not used.   Thats what i did.  I had a 2008 LSV too before i traded it in and had multiple nuts work themselves loose and drop into the Bermuda triangle never to be seen again.  The nuts that hold the vertical pads (where someones back would rest against when sitting in a seat) came off all the time. Those are a huge pain to get back in!

Actually, we already used the picnic table (in its wobbly state :)) and plan to again...

if I can’t get the floor piece up. I pondered expoxing in some stainless screw inserts...

Any comments on these other items?

a) Is there more than one bilge pump?
       b)how to tell if there  is a seat heater?
       c) Looking at aftermarket wake racks.. do they just screw into the tower?

6 hours ago, Argonaut said:

Any comments on these other items?

a) Is there more than one bilge pump?
       b)how to tell if there  is a seat heater?
       c) Looking at aftermarket wake racks.. do they just screw into the tower?

A) could be more then one bilge pump, but think one was standard(my 08 only has one by the back end of oil pan next to transom). Have everything else shut off and turn on your bilge pump with the mux switch and listen, you should be able to hear it. 

B) if you have a heated seat the switch should be just right of the seat under the throttle on a rocker switch,and mine has a small cable ran to the seat that is visible.

c) never looked into after market racks. Have the factory swivel racks that I changed out one set of wakeboard forks for surf boards forks and they have met our needs so far, but maybe someday if my quiver of boards continue to grow.