Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 tower upper swivel rack options

bovhica

I am looking to replace my upper port and starboard oem fixed racks with swivel style on the g3 tower.  This mod has nothing to do with functionality.  I dont care if they swivel while on the lake with boards.  I'd just like them to swivel empty when stowing the boat for storage.  I have a shelter logic enclosure 12×14×24 for my 2011 VRide 21'.  Boat fits perfectly without lowering the tower, which is what im trying to avoid. I do, howevwr, have to manuever around my gas meter ballards and the eve over hang on my garage when backing the boat into the shelter, which is located in my RV parking area at my home. The upper fixed racks are at the same level as the eve and also rub the opening on the shelter when backing the boat into it.  The rubbing isnt problematic because the shelter has some give, but i have almost zero room for error and unfortunately ripped the opening this year on the door to the shelter.  Ive since replaced the door, but dont want to make the same mistake twice.

Anyone done a mod like this?  I'm just looking for options that would work.  I'd prefer to buy the oem version, but cant seem to find any.  Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/JCp2kQ9

Edited by bovhica