Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Pro-Flushional

I had one in my hand when I was deciding between it and a Fake-A-Lake. I'm not sure how good it is in action but it seemed really cheap and flimsy in person (ie: the wire that hooks to the intake grate). I went with the Fake-A-Lake because it really seemed like a better product - been happy since.

Had one once, but went to a fake-a-lake before finally installing a flush pro. Hooking up the Pro-Flushional requires climbing under the boat to get it right, and again to unhook it. At least with the fake-a-lake you can just reach under to get it in position. Can't pass up a good opportunity to recommend a flush pro with a thru-hull fitting, though. If you regularly flush your engine this setup is the way to go.

Had one once, but went to a fake-a-lake before finally installing a flush pro. Hooking up the Pro-Flushional requires climbing under the boat to get it right, and again to unhook it. At least with the fake-a-lake you can just reach under to get it in position. Can't pass up a good opportunity to recommend a flush pro with a thru-hull fitting, though. If you regularly flush your engine this setup is the way to go.

Got pictures of the flush pro?

I had one in my hand when I was deciding between it and a Fake-A-Lake. I'm not sure how good it is in action but it seemed really cheap and flimsy in person (ie: the wire that hooks to the intake grate). I went with the Fake-A-Lake because it really seemed like a better product - been happy since.

Exactly why I went with the Fake-a-Lake also.

Exactly why I went with the Fake-a-Lake also.

OK, you've convinced me that the Pro-Flushional is not worth getting. Shocking.gif

I have been thinking of installing the Flush Pro. I don't think I would need a through hull fitting though as I would probably only be using it to winterize and summerize and maybe occ to warm up the engine for oil changes. I don't need to flush out after use.

I have a flush-pro and have used it on all my boats. I wouldn't use anything else, it works perfect. I have used an old plunger that I put a hole in for the hose. My far less expensive version of Fake-A-Lake. Worked pretty well also.

• 6 months later...

I had that pro-flushional...sucks... I lost it and made a fake fake-a-lake out of a plunger and some pvc fittings, works fine.

At least with the fake-a-lake you can just reach under to get it in position.

You must have a small boat or it rides high on the trailer or something.. There isn't anything about using a fake-a-lake on my boat that would resemble "just reaching under & putting in position" ;)

The only thing I don't like about the flush-pro is the plastic stuff that gets added to your intake lines. I'd be concerned about the extra joints, leaks or breaking. Would be nice to just hook up a hose, and not have to worry about the fake-a-lake

Go with a Fake-a-lake. I bought one when I purchased my first DD Malibu (1991 Malibu Skier), then used it on my next boat (1997 Prostar 190) and still have it and use it on my current boat (2005 RLXI). My Fake-a-lake is 16 yrs old an still going strong. Best $35 bucks I ever spent. One tip...use 303 on the rubber a couple times a year to keep it from cracking.