Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rockford Fosgate tower speakers ?

Lakelife5s

Anyone heard or have a set of Rockford Fosgate tower speakers model PM282W-B ? Curious on your thoughts and feedback. Thanks in advance 🤙🏽

I can actually give a pretty good review of these. I purchased a 2014 VTX that has 4 of them on it already. My past boat had a set of wet-sound Rev 10's. The Rockford's have a little more bass but don't have quite the sound projection. That being said you can still hear the music cranked skiing at 34mph. The wet sounds were better but for the price i don't think they were that much better.

2 hours ago, Steve B. said:

I have the tower speakers but not that model. Wonder if those are from the "punch" series? I think mine are from the "classic" series.

Steve B.

Yes they are from the punch series. Have a P500.2 I want to run them with. How do you like the ones you have ? 

40 minutes ago, dinovtx said:

I can actually give a pretty good review of these. I purchased a 2014 VTX that has 4 of them on it already. My past boat had a set of wet-sound Rev 10's. The Rockford's have a little more bass but don't have quite the sound projection. That being said you can still hear the music cranked skiing at 34mph. The wet sounds were better but for the price i don't think they were that much better.

41 minutes ago, dinovtx said:

Thank you so much for the feedback. I have a Rockford P500.2 I want to run them with. I will only have 2 speakers though. Do you think we will be able to hear them surfing ? Kinda torn between these and the icon 8’s. I like the rockfords also come with swivel mounts. 

5 hours ago, Lakelife5s said:

Yes they are from the punch series. Have a P500.2 I want to run them with. How do you like the ones you have ? 

To say the least, I love them. No kidding, its a great listening experience, low volume, mid volume or high volume. Amazing.

Steve B. 

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, dinovtx said:

malibu 6.jpg

dinovtx.... I know you said that you like them but if you decide to go a different route.....  Please let me know!!   I live in Carolina also and I want them !!!!!  

Also...  What amp do you have pushing them???

Thanks~~ mikeP

On 10/4/2018 at 2:12 PM, dinovtx said:

malibu 6.jpg

Those arent the same. They are Rockfords tower speakers with horn loaded tweeters, the ones the OP asked about have a standard aluminum tweeter.

Your boat doesnt by chance have two ten inch subs does it?

Edited by COOP
On 10/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, Mikep7799 said:

dinovtx.... I know you said that you like them but if you decide to go a different route.....  Please let me know!!   I live in Carolina also and I want them !!!!!  

Also...  What amp do you have pushing them???

Thanks~~ mikeP

Hey mike, dont think i am going to change them but i will let you know if that changes. I have a rockford p500x2 powering them. 

On 10/8/2018 at 11:03 AM, COOP said:

Those arent the same. They are Rockfords tower speakers with horn loaded tweeters, the ones the OP asked about have a standard aluminum tweeter.

Your boat doesnt by chance have two ten inch subs does it?

Good catch coop. Your right, modle numbers are soo close on thoes. It does have twin 10s under the driver dash. I am guessing you have seen the boat when it was still in st louis?

Edited by dinovtx
On 10/10/2018 at 9:40 AM, COOP said:

Yes. I am familiar with it. Good boat.

Yep it has been great I have put 110hrs on it since getting it a year-ish ago. Added a few water ski racks and fresh air exhaust dual 850lbs bags with independent reversible pumps. Boat slalom skis great and surfs real well. I do have one question I am having feedback issues with the WS 420. Do you know if it was always a problem? I think i have a ground issue someplace but can't seem to locate it. Had to switch back to the Head unit to get rid of the sound interference?

Edited by dinovtx
3 hours ago, dinovtx said:

I think i have a ground issue someplace but can't seem to locate it

The EQ has 3 wires, the black is the ground. Find where it goes. Just note though, the ground circuit is not the only one that can be a cause of unwanted noise. Dont ignore the other half of a 12V DC circuit.