Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Silver Edition

Horseandog

I am new to the crew. I am Looking at a 2007 Wakesetter VLX SE to purchase. Anybody have an idea what a fare price would be for this boat? They claim it’s in excellent condition. 400 HP with trailer. 

Thanks for any input. Brad 

If 2007 LSV's are selling for $46K I'd be surprised!  It would be good for me though!  I would say you'd be paying above 33 or so for the VLX

Edited by Molarbu

The Silver Edition was the top of the line in 07.  But I still think it had options so that could be a big part of the price. I don't have a thought on price I don't follow used pricing.

9 hours ago, REHinH20 said:

This one is same year, but LSV, so bigger than the VLX.  I'd say $38k or under is fair.

That one is overpriced. Been forsale for a while. 

That’s high. Real high!  Mid to High 30’s is a more reasonable IMO especially this time of year. Maybe low 40’s if it’s impeccable.  Search boat trader and only inboards for that era to get a better idea on pricing.  Also take a look at some of the boats currently in the classified section. 

To put in perspective here is a 2013 23LSV for 5k more that he’s asking. 

You can find 2017 21VLXs in the low to mid 70’s with less than 100 hours on them.  10 years newer and countless upgrades over the 07 for only $25k more.  

• Like 1

I feel like this needs to go into the other thread about stalking your old boats! That was my boat that was sold to the dealership in July of 2016 (w/380hrs). that boat has a lot of great memories for my family!

What he has it listed for is what the dealer listed it for in 2016. It is also very close to what the dealer gave me for trade in value. it sold in less than a week and I believe it sold at or close to asking price.  I don't know what its current value is, but I can vouch for every hour up to when I sold it. it was primarily used in western WA and was taken care of meticulously by Bakes in Issaquah. if you want more details on it, PM me and I would be happy to share. 

27 minutes ago, NewMalibu said:

I feel like this needs to go into the other thread about stalking your old boats! That was my boat that was sold to the dealership in July of 2016 (w/380hrs). that boat has a lot of great memories for my family!

What he has it listed for is what the dealer listed it for in 2016. It is also very close to what the dealer gave me for trade in value. it sold in less than a week and I believe it sold at or close to asking price.  I don't know what its current value is, but I can vouch for every hour up to when I sold it. it was primarily used in western WA and was taken care of meticulously by Bakes in Issaquah. if you want more details on it, PM me and I would be happy to share. 

It’s def a nice boat and looks to be well cared for.  With that being said at least in my region (Midwest) it’s over priced.  Considering ther 2013 23LSV is listed for 5k more and is 6 years newer and 2 ft longer.  

Price could be a bit high but you won't know what the seller's bottom line is until you engage with them. The boat also looks like it's in great condition, which becomes a bigger factor in pricing older boats.

You'll find that Malibu pricing in the PNW is generally higher than much of the country for some reason. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that boat listed here in Portland for the same price and selling fairly quickly during the summer. And Seattle area pricing is generally higher still.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2018 at 8:35 AM, NewMalibu said:

Sent you a PM. I bought that boat in Kennewick and would love to talk to you if it was your originally.

On 11/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, BraapinBogie said:

Sent you a PM. I bought that boat in Kennewick and would love to talk to you if it was your originally.

Congratulations! just replied to your PM