Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Snowtober

Eagleboy99

Wow inspiring!    We went out here last weekend in the Pacific NW  where the highs have dropped to only mid 60s, cloudy and showers.   Thought we were brave.   My hat is off to you!  We did have the river to our self except a few fisherman.    Way to extend the season in Canada

Edited by ORMailbuboater

Tonight may be 1st dry suit run of the year. Frost on the yard and 34 degrees out this morning. Water will be glassy glass glass tonight - some of the best skiing is fall around here.  BTW made my 1st ever 34mph/15 off pass Sunday; gotta make sure it wasn't a fluke!

• Like 3

Was out Monday on the coldest day since March.  Had the lake to ourselves.  Combined water and air temperature was 161 degrees.  As a lifelong Wisconsinite and someone who's skied in the snow on several occasions I can honestly say, there's definitely something to this whole living down south thing...

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

it was zero degrees this morning. Hopefully we will get a few more weekends of sunshine and private lakes

You Celsius folks always make everything look so gloomy!

• Like 3
On 10/2/2018 at 11:54 PM, justgary said:

Reason #83 for living south of I-10:  I went to the hardware store the other day to buy a rain shovel, but they didn't have one. 

:biteme:   ;)   Now don't be mean to us northerners!   We have been out for some time now with our lake being taken down for dam inspections. But in the long run this has been a poor fall wind and rain so it takes some of the hurt out.  In a normal year we would have another three weeks to a month to go.

Do you do anything special to the boat overnights so the water in the system doesn't freeze? Or does it take really really cold nights to be a concern?

12 minutes ago, LateNightSalami said:

Do you do anything special to the boat overnights so the water in the system doesn't freeze? Or does it take really really cold nights to be a concern?

Night time lows have been -3 to -7C; less near the water.  If a boat is in the lake at those temps it is not gonna freeze.  And if it was run during the day the engine block is warm and dissipates over the hours.  Now your fingers...

Ahhh, broke the 100 degree rule this morning with a balmy 98 - 48 air, 50 water - and glassy glassy glass. I love my dry suit and head band!

Ski you all Wed!!