Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sorry, new to Malibu

Chadg34

Picking up a ‘16 LSV this weekend. It has the PNP 750’s in the rear. It says is has the Bow Malibu Launch System. Is that on top of the factory bow ballast?  Will I need more ballast weight?  Strictly used for surfing. Thanks for any help!

Welcome and congrats on the boat. That will be the factory bow ballast.  You are going to want more than that.  I am assuming 23lsv, if so I believe the '16 hull is the same as the '15 and the "gold standard" is approx 1800lbs in the lockers and a 1000lb triangle bag in the bow.  Now you don't need all of that weight, I was running the rear bags 1/2 ish and put a couple hundred lbs of lead wake in the bow and the wave was about 80% of the "gold standard".  Still a very good wave with much better fuel consumption.  

this thread 

And I must point out that you will need to post pictures of the new boat.  It's a law

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I will post pics soon.  Assuming I will have room to put a sac in the bow and be able to hook it up as plug and play?  Not looking for sacs to be on top of the seat, or just stuff lead under seats in the bow?

5 hours ago, Chadg34 said:

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I will post pics soon.  Assuming I will have room to put a sac in the bow and be able to hook it up as plug and play?  Not looking for sacs to be on top of the seat, or just stuff lead under seats in the bow?

No, the bow bag would be on top... There is a hard tank already under the seats.  You can always have to bow bag on board and use it when there isn't enough human ballast on board (note: do not refer to your wife or girlfriend as human ballast).

You can probably find space to squirrel away lead bags out of sight but you'll be towing that extra weight around town and the lake all the time.