Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing 2018 VLX 21 6.2L vs. 2007 vRide 320

Upgrade my boat this year from a 2008 vRide with the 320 to an 18' VLX 21 with the 6.2L motor.  The vRide was very easy to winterize, will my new one be more difficult?  Just trying to figure out what I am about to get into.  

Thanks,

It should be pretty simple, look a couple posts down and I put a diagram for the raptor engine. I have a 18’ MLX, have not winterized yet, but looks pretty simple. 4 drains and the impeller cover to drain the raw water system, no need to add antifreeze. With the ballast system, looks like not anything to do other than make sure tanks are drained and remove PNP bags if you want. 

So I removed the 4 blue plugs, pretty simple.  What about the heated?  On my old boat I would discount the line and blow air through to get all the water out.  Do I need to do the same on my new VLX?  The manual didn’t say anything about the heater.

On 10/4/2018 at 6:35 PM, hethj7 said:

Heater is part of the closed system.  No need to drain.  

I learned that yesterday when I popped the hose off.  Whoops.  May need a touch more coolant next spring!

Does anyone know what size the bolt is for the front drain / anode on the raptor? I need to grab one after work today and don’t have it with me to check. Thanks!! 

• 1 month later...

I have the same boat and am winterizing this week. I was able to swap out the impeller, which provided a little bit of challenge, particularly getting the old one out. Next I moved to the fuel filter, and sadly, that took the rest of the day and still not finished. Had to take apart half the boat. Not sure who designed that aspect, but would like to have a word with them. Changing the fluids I have done before, and not too bad. Not sure about the fogging - I might try this if I have time.