Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

6.0L 2011 23LSV WInterizing

Hey Guys, been a while since I posted here...hope all is well with everyone (I still miss the original malibuboatowners.com site!  ahah).  I just winterized my 6.0L 23LSV 2011 and I pumped 5 Gallons of antifreeze through the system with a sump pump/bucket of Antifreeze & running the engine through the fake-a-lake.  My concern is that I never first ran the engine up to proper operating temperature........because I did not would I have missed winterizing things properly?  Is there a thermostat that needs to open up first?

Thanks, 

Rob

Yep, that would be the concern.  It may have just pumped it all straight out the back.  

You could confirm pretty easily by pulling some of the plugs.  If you don't see all pink you'll know right away.  To be safe I'd probably pull every plug to make sure.  Why risk it?

Mike

I normally put fuel conditioner in the tank, run the motor up to temp, drain the water from both sides of the engine block, then run the antifreeze through the system.  That way issues with the fuel system and dilution of the antifreeze in the block are minimized.