Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 25 LSV or 2019 23 LSV

IronSteve

I'm a newbie to the forum - and to Malibu boats - and will appreciate some guidance from the experts here...

I can get a decent deal on a 2018 25 LSV from an end of season sale or a 2019 23 LSV for more or less the same price.  We will typically be a  3 - 5 person crew so size wise both should be more than sufficient but I do like the idea of a bigger boat.  Resale value is important to me a few years down the line also.

Also - we have the annual boat show coming up in January - how good is the deals you typically get at these boat shows?  Would it be worth waiting to January to see if there is a good deal at the boat show on a new 2019?

Guidance and inputs much appreciated! 

Would have to be a GREAT deal on the 18. If getting a 19, order in December when Malibu offers their extra rebates. Should be able to get better pricing that way vs boat show. Plus, you’ll lock in a build slot and get to choose the options/colors you want. 

• Like 3

With the extra model year and the 2019 redesign, I feel that the value loss on the 2018 would be pretty significant unless you plan to stay in that boat for many years.  Wait until early December as advised by Pnwrider.  You will possibly have three good options.  1) the 2018 25 LSV might still be for sale and additional rebates and aggressive pricing might make your deal even better 2) it will still be a great time to get a 2019 custom ordered 23 LSV and likely with the best rebates 3) if it were me, I would want that redesigned 2019 25 LSV. Although this is going to be your most expensive option, I have surfed this boat and it is quite amazing.  See how good of a deal you might be able to get in December on THAT boat.  

When I bought my 23LSV, my usual crew was 4 people.  Now our regular crew is twice that size, and it isn't unusual to go with more.  Not sure what boat you are coming from, but we graduated up from a stern drive, and I don't think my experience is unusual.

My advice is to go with the 25 -it is an awesome boat, even in the current model.  But I would wait until December, and try to get a little better deal on that leftover boat - not too many people in the market right now.

We usually run a crew of 3-4, but sometimes it is more. I had a Malibu 247 for nearly six years and I have had two 23 lsv in just a span of three years. I am looking to move into a 25 lsv because I think that boat has it all, so I will probably end up keeping it longer. I really like the 2018 25 lsv and if my dealer still had one, I would probably buy it with a heavy discount. I have demoed a 2019 25 lsv, but if you could get an 18 for about 20g's less, I'd do it. I have a 2017 23 lsv, last year before the remodel, and resale on it is still great and so is the wave.  

Pulled the trigger on a 2019 23 LSV today.  Specs below. Super excited

Deck Main (Machine Silver Metallic) upcharge

Hull Base (Graphite) upcharge

Hull Main (Machine Silver Metallic) upcharge

Hull Logo Accent (Machine Silver Metallic) upcharge

Exhaust - Surf Pipe

Heater, 3-Outlet

Sea Strainer

High Altitude/Torque - 15 x 13 - 2773

Docking Lights (Pair, Leds)

Sound System - 23 LSV Pack

Subwoofer - ONE 12 Inch Subwoofer (w/Amp)

Malibu G35 Tower Graphite

Tower Amp - 500w

Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 (1 set) Black

Tower Hoop and Arch-Graphite

Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System

Ballast HI FLO - Rear PNP Plumbing w/Auto Vent

Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband

Wedge - Power Wedge III

Deck Trac - Nonskid (Complete Deck Kit)

Driver Seat Swivel and Slide

Power Lift Helm Seat

Soft-Grip Seat Base Covering Sterling

Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way Joystick

Wideview Backup Camera and DT1 Bow View Camera

Soft-Grip Flooring Sterling

Battery Set Up - Option 2

Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair

Soft-Grip - Internal Storage Liners Sterling

CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf

CS Boat Cover w/Taps 2 and Swimboard Cover

Elite Shield Trailer and Fender

Spare Wheel - 14 in Alum Turismo Blk w/Under Hull Carrier

Transom Step w/Slimline LED Aluminum

Install 23/MXZ PNP 570 Sacs - W022-570 AVO

Classic Gel Scheme

13 minutes ago, IronSteve said:

Pulled the trigger on a 2019 23 LSV today.  Specs below. Super excited

Deck Main (Machine Silver Metallic) upcharge

Hull Base (Graphite) upcharge

Hull Main (Machine Silver Metallic) upcharge

Hull Logo Accent (Machine Silver Metallic) upcharge

Exhaust - Surf Pipe

Heater, 3-Outlet

Sea Strainer

High Altitude/Torque - 15 x 13 - 2773

Docking Lights (Pair, Leds)

Sound System - 23 LSV Pack

Subwoofer - ONE 12 Inch Subwoofer (w/Amp)

Malibu G35 Tower Graphite

Tower Amp - 500w

Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 (1 set) Black

Tower Hoop and Arch-Graphite

Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System

Ballast HI FLO - Rear PNP Plumbing w/Auto Vent

Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband

Wedge - Power Wedge III

Deck Trac - Nonskid (Complete Deck Kit)

Driver Seat Swivel and Slide

Power Lift Helm Seat

Soft-Grip Seat Base Covering Sterling

Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way Joystick

Wideview Backup Camera and DT1 Bow View Camera

Soft-Grip Flooring Sterling

Battery Set Up - Option 2

Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair

Soft-Grip - Internal Storage Liners Sterling

CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf

CS Boat Cover w/Taps 2 and Swimboard Cover

Elite Shield Trailer and Fender

Spare Wheel - 14 in Alum Turismo Blk w/Under Hull Carrier

Transom Step w/Slimline LED Aluminum

Install 23/MXZ PNP 570 Sacs - W022-570 AVO

Classic Gel Scheme

Color sceme sounds awesome!  Let’s see some pics! What motor?

Now if only I can figure out how to post a picture...

Got the PCM 409 Monsoon engine... would have liked the bigger one (Bigger engines are always better right!) so hope it has enough in it to keep things exciting

5 minutes ago, IronSteve said:

Now if only I can figure out how to post a picture...

Got the PCM 409 Monsoon engine... would have liked the bigger one (Bigger engines are always better right!) so hope it has enough in it to keep things exciting

If you are not at elevation, you’ll be fine.  

To post a pic, you either have to be a supporter, which is highly recommended and will pay for itself pretty quickly, or you have to use a 3rd party hosting site.  

1 hour ago, IronSteve said:

Here she is!

3F3FC315-257C-43E1-BB97-4AF27466D2B7.jpeg

603CB0B6-60BF-49D4-AB8F-55747E16FE01.jpeg

D63C3B10-18AF-4C6F-9CBF-9CD0E4837D63.jpeg

Bravo 👏 well done!  She’s a beauty! 

You don’t see charcoal or graphite towers very often. Looks super clean. 

Edited by SCMike
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Great looking boat?  Love the colors on the upholstery. Are they Graphite and Light Graphite?😎

Yip, thats the colors.

17 hours ago, IronSteve said:

Congrats on your new boat!

The 409 does great in that boat and there’s no need for the 450 until you get up into the higher (4000-5000’) elevations. I’ve been on a bunch of demos with the 409 over the last few weeks, including 2 in the ‘19 23 LSV, and that engine has been great when loaded up.

It’s so much quieter than the previous 410 at all RPMs in the LSV , as well as RPMs are running lower than I was seeing in my ‘18. The A24 I was in yesterday with the 409 was quieter than the G23 and G25 I was helping a buddy demo last weekend. Granted that’s a different trans/prop setup than the LSV but the sound levels are consistent with the LSV. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Congrats on your new boat!

The 409 does great in that boat and there’s no need for the 450 until you get up into the higher (4000-5000’) elevations. I’ve been on a bunch of demos with the 409 over the last few weeks, including 2 in the ‘19 23 LSV, and that engine has been great when loaded up.

It’s so much quieter than the previous 410 at all RPMs in the LSV , as well as RPMs are running lower than I was seeing in my ‘18. The A24 I was in yesterday with the 409 was quieter than the G23 and G25 I was helping a buddy demo last weekend. Granted that’s a different trans/prop setup than the LSV but the sound levels are consistent with the LSV. 

Thats great to hear! Thanks for sharing