Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prices Paid for 2018 T22?

IndyFerg

ahopkins22LSV
53 minutes ago, daylorb said:

They got me a quote on a 2019, it is $17K more for basically the same boat.  The discount to msrp is only 5%.  Clearly not as willing to move on those.

I’d say the 18 is a great buy for you then!

15 hours ago, daylorb said:

They got me a quote on a 2019, it is $17K more for basically the same boat.  The discount to msrp is only 5%.  Clearly not as willing to move on those.

Sales tactic. They are trying to make the 19 look in attractive and get you to pull the trigger on the 18.  End of year, they want it off their books. 

Edited by SCMike
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Sales tactic. They are trying to make the 19 look in attractive and get you to pull the trigger on the 18.  End of year, they want it off their books. 

Agreed, 5% off msrp on a 19 order is a joke. 

48 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Not every dealer offers 10% off, right off the bat. Especially with a trade in. I’m sure you can haggle them in that direction, but 5% off MSRP is a pretty standard starting point on an Axis.

I know Malibu and Axis are different when it comes to MSRP, but at 5% off that just seems like an F-Off price to me.  Especially in the dead of winter and right before year end.  Maybe others think that’s a good deal, but I don’t. 

7 hours ago, SCMike said:

I know Malibu and Axis are different when it comes to MSRP, but at 5% off that just seems like an F-Off price to me.  Especially in the dead of winter and right before year end.  Maybe others think that’s a good deal, but I don’t. 

10% is basically the most he would get discounted to, which would be an additional 5k off. The leftover is at 12% off MSRP so it seems like an ordered 19 would be closer to 7-8%. Basically the difference is a few thousand dollars. Y’all are sorta splitting hairs.

1 hour ago, boardjnky4 said:

10% is basically the most he would get discounted to, which would be an additional 5k off. The leftover is at 12% off MSRP so it seems like an ordered 19 would be closer to 7-8%. Basically the difference is a few thousand dollars. Y’all are sorta splitting hairs.

Not my experience with axis pricing, but as always ymmv. 

19 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

The MSRP on the identical boat is $10K more for '19 than '18 as well...

I was told Axis had a substantial price increase for 2019. Doesn't surprise me the 19 is way more. I priced a 2018 and 2019 and the 2019 was 7k more for less options than a left over 18. 

On 12/15/2018 at 9:17 AM, SCMike said:

I agree ,but, My delivery date and build date ordering about same time as now was April, the build slots they have to give him to order existing build slots or yet to be scheduled slots may not be attractive delivery dates either though April delivery would be ok with a custom 19 for most of us.  Isn’t their demand up company wide? So maybe the dealer feels more confident he can get it to go since some folks looking to order in January or later will not like s later spring or summer date for any ‘19 price.  

So make it hard for him!  Mail a big Cashiers downpayment  check with an accompanying written acceptance  letter for price before tax and before fees of registration .  When he declines , tell him to mail back your $10-20000 check .  In 5 minutes a phone call will come from someone ready to negotiate off that number but far less than his because they called you! , start at 80 on your side plus tax 

why not with these dealer controlled territory for new orders and the threat of bavk of the line service if bought out if territory for holdovers , you’re only leverage is your cash and then your credit rating or pre arranged finance 

Edited by granddaddy55

They sold the 18, out from under me.. now i didn't put down money but left saying i was in and that i wanted it and would get him a check. Next day i called back and he claimed another rep sold it. So i had to look at the 19's.. Which were priced much higher. I won't deal with this dealer again to be honest. 

ahopkins22LSV

That sucks but as said, without a deposit there is no hold. I’d recommend still working with the dealer as out of territory boats can become more of a nightmare then they are worth. Maybe talk with the general manager and see how they can work with you on a 19? Also maybe look at skipping some options that were on the 18 that can be added later to try to keep the price closer? Working with the boat dealer is definitely a two way street.

Or start shopping OIB for 2018 A24’s if you are dead set against the dealer. 

@semi have you looked at Munson in IL/Southern WI? They have 2 A20's on their website that they might be willing to move? One is a dealer demo that is in their Wisconsin location. While it wouldn't be your local dealer, wausau to fontana wouldn't be the worst if you knew you were getting service quick.

https://www.munsonski.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=4642796&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&year=2018&fr=xNewInventory 

I'm the happy new owner of that A24.  Thanks everyone for their feedback.  Sounds like I left some money on the table, but I'm happy with it and with the trade.

BTW - this was out-of-market.  It was actually from the same dealer I bought from way back when.  I had gone into my local dealer twice this past year - met with a sales guy i will not name - and the guy just completely dropped the ball.  I emailed him repeatedly to get quotes, no responses, forgot entirely what I was interested in, etc.  When I went back in person he saw me and right away said "oh man - I'm still working on getting that setup for you...." and of course never followed-up again.  It was unreal.  I can't beg to buy a boat.  Started looking at Mastercraft, Centurion, MB.

So I gave up buying an Axis entirely until the dealer from my old location called.  They called over and over and over, got me on the line with several of their folks to discuss wave/etc. got me a good trade, etc.  They just flat-out earned the business.  

So I bought an out-of-market boat, however I hope Malibu is happy I stuck with Axis despite the local experience. 

10 minutes ago, daylorb said:

I'm the happy new owner of that A24.  Thanks everyone for their feedback.  Sounds like I left some money on the table, but I'm happy with it and with the trade.

BTW - this was out-of-market.  It was actually from the same dealer I bought from way back when.  I had gone into my local dealer twice this past year - met with a sales guy i will not name - and the guy just completely dropped the ball.  I emailed him repeatedly to get quotes, no responses, forgot entirely what I was interested in, etc.  When I went back in person he saw me and right away said "oh man - I'm still working on getting that setup for you...." and of course never followed-up again.  It was unreal.  I can't beg to buy a boat.  Started looking at Mastercraft, Centurion, MB.

So I gave up buying an Axis entirely until the dealer from my old location called.  They called over and over and over, got me on the line with several of their folks to discuss wave/etc. got me a good trade, etc.  They just flat-out earned the business.  

So I bought an out-of-market boat, however I hope Malibu is happy I stuck with Axis despite the local experience. 

Congratulations!  BTW - I bought my boat out of market as well.  I don't understand the comments about the troubles of buying a boat out of market.  I understand if you need to get service on it, that could be a logistical problem.  The dealer I bought from has been great.  They even came to me to replace a bad sensor under warranty.  Dealers probably do better with service than selling boats.  Some dealers might have some animosity, but I have not experienced that.  I have spoke to another dealer closer to me and they have been super cool as well.  I told them after I bought my boat that I found one somewhere else.  He told me to keep them in mind if I need any service as they would be happy to do it.  Good luck with everything!  

I bought the A24 in TX that I posted a link to days ago.  Don't think it was the same one, but not sure.  I had been discussing it with them for a while.

Hemmy - completely agree with you.  I will say this - the local dealer who has been servicing my boat has been A+.  Their service department has really been fantastic.  There were a few snafus where they forgot to do one thing or another, but overall they have been great to work with until this sales issue came up.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That sucks but as said, without a deposit there is no hold. I’d recommend still working with the dealer as out of territory boats can become more of a nightmare then they are worth. Maybe talk with the general manager and see how they can work with you on a 19? Also maybe look at skipping some options that were on the 18 that can be added later to try to keep the price closer? Working with the boat dealer is definitely a two way street.

Or start shopping OIB for 2018 A24’s if you are dead set against the dealer. 

i asked him, and he said as long as i get him a check by tomorrow. I didn't have the checkbook only a credit card. Said it wouldn't be an issue, but apparently it was. 

ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, semi said:

i asked him, and he said as long as i get him a check by tomorrow. I didn't have the checkbook only a credit card. Said it wouldn't be an issue, but apparently it was. 

I'd be telling the general manager/owner of the dealer that.

• 8 months later...

Hey, does anyone know what the base price (no options) an Axis A20 actually is?

Dealer is telling me $67,980 ?

I hate that the Axis website does not advertise MSRP on their boats. It certainly gives the Dealers the edge on how they market their pricing. The consumer is somewhat left in the dark to know where the price point starts.

Any info would be great.

Thanks