Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prices Paid for 2018 T22?

IndyFerg

located in Wisconsin. I also tried getting into a vlx, the final pricing was $92k. Tower speakers were a must (good stereo) and added a few other things, but this is their best price. I told him i didn't want to go that high.. basically he never called me back. I didn't go crazy with the options either. 

A different dealer quoted me on the Axis lineup. They said that was their best prices and that Axis and Malibu were going up 7-9% more in 2019 so i better buy his 18 A20 for 79k. The boat did have most options, its wasn't like it was bare. But still. 

i was able to get pricing on an NXT and a moomba mondo for less than the 2018 A20 - both 2019 models ordered to spec. 

50 minutes ago, semi said:

located in Wisconsin. I also tried getting into a vlx, the final pricing was $92k. Tower speakers were a must (good stereo) and added a few other things, but this is their best price. I told him i didn't want to go that high.. basically he never called me back. I didn't go crazy with the options either. 

A different dealer quoted me on the Axis lineup. They said that was their best prices and that Axis and Malibu were going up 7-9% more in 2019 so i better buy his 18 A20 for 79k. The boat did have most options, its wasn't like it was bare. But still. 

i was able to get pricing on an NXT and a moomba mondo for less than the 2018 A20 - both 2019 models ordered to spec. 

Is used an option then? I think you are getting shafted by the dealer. Check only inboards,  and pick up a one or two year old boat and save a ton. Or drive to MI and make a deal with Tommy's. I would think you can get into a new 2018 A20 loaded up for 68k out the door, if not less.

to be honest with you.. i worked with 2 Axis dealers and 2 BU dealers. Pricing from both was the same. It may be a wisconsin thing, but none of them wanted to deal and pricing was within dollars of one another. 

2 minutes ago, semi said:

to be honest with you.. i worked with 2 Axis dealers and 2 BU dealers. Pricing from both was the same. It may be a wisconsin thing, but none of them wanted to deal and pricing was within dollars of one another. 

Any chance you could tell me what dealers you were talking too?  I spoken with most in the state and a few outside.  Maybe a PM?

10 minutes ago, semi said:

Tell them you have been talking with your TMC friends and we are all saying they are ripping you off. Unless they can work with you, you are going elsewhere.

1 hour ago, onwi said:

Any chance you could tell me what dealers you were talking too?  I spoken with most in the state and a few outside.  Maybe a PM?

axis -One in minocqua, one in madison

BU =one in Green bay, one in waukesha

I probably still have the quotes they gave me. 

Edited by semi

According to seedealercost.com, the base Axis boat is a 20% markup from invoice. Options can change the game by $10-20k, on an Axis. From what I'm seeing, 15% off MSRP would be smoking, and typically that's just leftover boats. For current year-model, 10% off is what you can expect. Anything 15+% off, is just going to be promo boats and industry connection pricing.

On Malibu, the margins are higher.

Edited by boardjnky4
17 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Did you get the flooring and installed sacs throw in?

seems like a decent deal

Flooring yes, sacs no.  Will wait to do sacs until I get it out and play around with it a bit.  Better half wasn't on board with buying a new boat then dumping money into it immediately.  She obviously doesn't know what BOAT stands for ;) 

3 hours ago, onwi said:

Mid-Indiana Marine has been amazing to me, and they have a really loyal following around here (central Indiana) for both sales and their service.  Probably a big drive down to Indy from WI, but might be worth it to get way better pricing than what you are saying.  Also have seen several 2018 T22's around $70k from Tommy's in MI on OIB...might be a shorter drive there but still worth the money.  Just my $0.02...

4 hours ago, onwi said:

34 minutes ago, IndyFerg said:

Mid-Indiana Marine has been amazing to me, and they have a really loyal following around here (central Indiana) for both sales and their service.  Probably a big drive down to Indy from WI, but might be worth it to get way better pricing than what you are saying.  Also have seen several 2018 T22's around $70k from Tommy's in MI on OIB...might be a shorter drive there but still worth the money.  Just my $0.02...

Tommy's in Grand Rapids is great to deal with.  That is where I got my boat.  If that is too far, check out Munson Ski.  They have a location in northern IL and also Southern WI.  I found some good deals there back when I was looking.  Tommy's won my business because it was closer for me and they were awesome to deal with and I liked the color better.  I am in South Bend and never checked out Mid-Indiana Marine.

48 minutes ago, IndyFerg said:

Flooring yes, sacs no.  Will wait to do sacs until I get it out and play around with it a bit.  Better half wasn't on board with buying a new boat then dumping money into it immediately.  She obviously doesn't know what BOAT stands for ;) 

Just sayin....you absolutely need sacs. Just have them delivered to your buddy's house and sneak them in one night. Must have it you plan to surf.

3 hours ago, semi said:

axis -One in minocqua, one in madison

BU =one in Green bay, one in waukesha

I probably still have the quotes they gave me. 

The guys in Minocqua are brand new.  I  haven't spoke with them except for one email that they have not returned.  If you are interested, I'd suggest that you start with Tinus in Oconomowoc (who you referenced in Waukesha I'd guess).  You mentioned an A20 and I know they have a 2018 they'd move for 65 or lower.  They moved 2 left over 2017 A22s recently for way less than the absurd 79k that you mentioned above.  I can't really speak to their prices on the VLX as I haven't asked.  Regardless, both Eric and Austin have been very helpful to me.  I am local to them though and do have a service relationship, participate in their events, visit the boat show, etc.  They have worked on my boat that I did not purchase from them without hesitation and have done rush summer work for me to keep me on a vacation schedule.

I'd recommend speaking with the Cumberland dealer (nextgen) as well, but they've had some people leave and I'm not sure how things have changed since.  I purchased my boat there as a 2 year old left over and would consider doing so again.  I was not impressed with the A20 prices I received from them recently.  Maybe they are more willing to deal as we get into winter.  

Who is your local dealer? 

The guys at Titus were great but the pricing was firm. 78k for an A20. I spoke with next gen as well. Pricing this past summer seemed firm. May not be the case now but none of them wanted to deal like another brand did. 

Edited by semi
11 hours ago, semi said:

The guys at Titus were great but the pricing was firm. 78k for an A20. I spoke with next gen as well. Pricing this past summer seemed firm. May not be the case now but none of them wanted to deal like another brand did. 

$74,650 for an 18 A22.  This is in Kalamazoo, MI.  May be worth the drive from WI.

image.png.c92bab02aa3e652f1419360835c922b5.png

And an A20 for well under 70k.

image.png.44de4ebfe99ea16a4b10941666b1aade.png

48 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

$74,650 for an 18 A22.  This is in Kalamazoo, MI.  May be worth the drive from WI.

image.png.c92bab02aa3e652f1419360835c922b5.png

And an A20 for well under 70k.

image.png.44de4ebfe99ea16a4b10941666b1aade.png

It's a 15% discount at the end of the day. And the $2500 Rebate goes away tomorrow. 

That a22 has PW2 also. Description on Gull lakes site says autoset. Thats a good price for an a22 with pw2, gatorstep, swivel racks, sub, and 2 pair of towers. Pics show PnP bags already in boat also. Id jump on that if it were closer. 

agreed. Far better pricing then i ever got here. Anyone know if this dealer is good? 

Only concern i have with buying out of state is when i need dealer support. i have been burned by this in the past with snowmobiles. Bought where i live, not where i ride, something goes wrong you goto the end of the line and wait. But i love the price on the A22. 

curious to see what options come with it. The 3 things i saw as a "must have" are 1. full cover 2. great stereo 3. surf ready. When i spoke to dealers in the past, these items seem to bump the price up and i felt i was getting nickled to death. 

1 minute ago, semi said:

agreed. Far better pricing then i ever got here. Anyone know if this dealer is good? 

Only concern i have with buying out of state is when i need dealer support. i have been burned by this in the past with snowmobiles. Bought where i live, not where i ride, something goes wrong you goto the end of the line and wait. But i love the price on the A22. 

curious to see what options come with it. The 3 things i saw as a "must have" are 1. full cover 2. great stereo 3. surf ready. When i spoke to dealers in the past, these items seem to bump the price up and i felt i was getting nickled to death. 

You WILL end up at the end of the line when you need help. I've seen it a bunch of times when buying out of territory. And I bet that the if you're local dealer finds out that you a dealer in another territory sold you that boat, they will catch flack for it.

Just now, boardjnky4 said:

You WILL end up at the end of the line when you need help. I've seen it a bunch of times when buying out of territory. And I bet that the if you're local dealer finds out that you a dealer in another territory sold you that boat, they will catch flack for it.

figured, thats the scary part since summer here in Wisc lasts for about a month it seems. I know i am quite picky but buying a boat at this price for such a short summer i have to take everything into consideration. 

3 minutes ago, semi said:

If I were you, I’d just walk into your local dealer with this add, and ask them to match it.  Have a $10k check already written out to them and hand it over to the sales guy.  Guarantee you will get them to match or at least get close to the pricing.  You should be able to get 15% off msrp plus rebates.  I’d also ask to see MSRP. 

15 minutes ago, semi said:

I have only spoken with them a few times.  I actually got a quote from them late in 2017 on an Axis.  I ended up getting a Malibu 21 VLX and at the time they did not have one.  The salesman followed up with me to see if I was still interested.  I told him I bought a boat from another dealer that had a 21 VLX.  He was very cool about and said no problem and to keep them in mind as they would be happy to help with service.  I am looking at adding a surf pipe in the spring and they provided me with a quote that was way better price than what I got from another dealer.  They sound pretty good and have been very nice in any communication I have had with them.

If boat dealers are anything like car dealers, they want to service you.  They probably make more money doing service than selling the boat.

21 hours ago, Raimie said:

Just sayin....you absolutely need sacs. Just have them delivered to your buddy's house and sneak them in one night. Must have it you plan to surf.

It's less a matter of if and more when...will see if there are any good sales in the spring (just missed the Wakemakers one for black Friday).  I don't even really have access to the boat until the spring anyways, winter lay-up and storage were all included with the sale, so taking advantage of that while I can. 

Thinking 550 rears and the 450 bow sac.  I still need some storage in the rear even when ballast is full given the kiddos and all of their inflatable stuff.  

Also, was thinking of taking the cooler out from under the seats and using a rotomolded 40-ish sized cooler (Yeti, Rtic, Orca, etc.) in the walkway into the bow, so I could use that underseat space for more storage and not have people getting up anytime somebody wants something to drink.  Anybody every done that?  Thinking it would be plenty durable to walk on to get to the bow but not so big I can't get out of the helm seat.  Not sure what size would fit, and as mentioned, don't have access to the boat over the winter.

28 minutes ago, IndyFerg said:

It's less a matter of if and more when...will see if there are any good sales in the spring (just missed the Wakemakers one for black Friday).  I don't even really have access to the boat until the spring anyways, winter lay-up and storage were all included with the sale, so taking advantage of that while I can. 

Thinking 550 rears and the 450 bow sac.  I still need some storage in the rear even when ballast is full given the kiddos and all of their inflatable stuff.  

Also, was thinking of taking the cooler out from under the seats and using a rotomolded 40-ish sized cooler (Yeti, Rtic, Orca, etc.) in the walkway into the bow, so I could use that underseat space for more storage and not have people getting up anytime somebody wants something to drink.  Anybody every done that?  Thinking it would be plenty durable to walk on to get to the bow but not so big I can't get out of the helm seat.  Not sure what size would fit, and as mentioned, don't have access to the boat over the winter.

Go with 750's. You don't have to fill them all the way up if you are using the space, but you can when you want too. The 750s still leave some room even when filled completely. Wakemakes also offers custom sacs rated at 825 I believe. I would have gone with those, but my dealer installed fly high 750s at delivery.

Cooler in the walkway is a good idea since a little extra weight up there is always a good thing.

19 hours ago, semi said:

I checked with Tinus a few weeks ago  They wanted roughly 61.6k for this A20 during the factory rebate.  78.3k retail, 68.6k sale price, 3.5 rebate and 3.5 match by Tinus.  Maybe you were just getting MSRP.