Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prices Paid for 2018 T22?

IndyFerg

That one has been there for a while.   Can't get over the look at that boat. Not attractive. If I recall correctly it's pretty basic.  

Edited by semi
On 11/29/2018 at 3:25 PM, IndyFerg said:

Mid-Indiana Marine has been amazing to me, and they have a really loyal following around here (central Indiana) for both sales and their service.  Probably a big drive down to Indy from WI, but might be worth it to get way better pricing than what you are saying.  Also have seen several 2018 T22's around $70k from Tommy's in MI on OIB...might be a shorter drive there but still worth the money.  Just my $0.02...

On 11/29/2018 at 4:02 PM, Hemmy said:

Tommy's in Grand Rapids is great to deal with.  That is where I got my boat.  If that is too far, check out Munson Ski.  They have a location in northern IL and also Southern WI.  I found some good deals there back when I was looking.  Tommy's won my business because it was closer for me and they were awesome to deal with and I liked the color better.  I am in South Bend and never checked out Mid-Indiana Marine.

Congrats on the new boat!

Nice to see a few more Indiana folks on here. I grew up in South Bend and now live in Indy. Bought our '14 T22 new from Mid-Indiana Marine. We boat in northern IN on Lake Tippy. There are a few other guys on here that are up there as well. 

Edited by BlknYlwT22
22 hours ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

Congrats on the new boat!

Nice to see a few more Indiana folks on here. I grew up in South Bend and now live in Indy. Bought our '14 T22 new from Mid-Indiana Marine. We boat in northern IN on Lake Tippy. There are a few other guys on here that are up there as well. 

Nice!  Love your boat, our new one is the same color combo!

On 10/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, Brantb said:

I would guess 67-68k.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:02 PM, IndyFerg said:

Out the door for $72k, which I felt was pretty solid. 

Depending on your tax rates i hit that one damn close.

Alright...trying this posting pics thing.  I don't have the greatest pics since I just pulled them down from the dealer website, but it's what I've got.

There will be grey carpet in the interior, but otherwise here she is!

1787893526_Axis1.thumb.jpg.127a4b4acc3e80350e83f252b62fd513.jpg1251710590_Axis3.thumb.jpg.edb2d04bc2e0dd7b828b24476d2351d8.jpg835046025_Axis6.thumb.jpg.25a3fb4ac99bf1daef052c11849e54b8.jpg

10 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Congrats! That is the first yellow one I have seen... Looks good, but I think the grey flooring is needed to tone it down a little :lol:

@BlknYlwT22 your colors!

Oh yeah for sure re: the carpet...that was a must.  I will say, it's not as overpowering when you are actually in the boat, but I wasn't about to leave it naked.  Will probably eventually do Gatorstep at some point, but the carpet was thrown in for free so it fit my budget :) 

Plus, being Purdue fans, those colors fit the family well!

Edited by IndyFerg
1 hour ago, IndyFerg said:

Oh yeah for sure re: the carpet...that was a must.  I will say, it's not as overpowering when you are actually in the boat, but I wasn't about to leave it naked.  Will probably eventually do Gatorstep at some point, but the carpet was thrown in for free so it fit my budget :) 

Plus, being Purdue fans, those colors fit the family well!

Purdue fan...ouch!  I was Guessing either Purdue or a Pittsburgh fan of some sort was the inspiration for the color even though you are lacking the gold. I hope you don’t take that down to lake Monroe in Bloomington. It would be a tough crowd down there for you.

Congrats on the new boat!  Enjoy it!

15 hours ago, Hemmy said:

Purdue fan...ouch!  I was Guessing either Purdue or a Pittsburgh fan of some sort was the inspiration for the color even though you are lacking the gold. I hope you don’t take that down to lake Monroe in Bloomington. It would be a tough crowd down there for you.

Congrats on the new boat!  Enjoy it!

Haha haven’t been to Monroe yet but would like to make the trip this summer. I’d rock the colors with pride. 

Ironically we didn’t even choose the color scheme, they just had it in stock, but it fit. Our last boat was yellow also so I guess it’s a trend for us now!

I have always been given crap about our boat colors in regards to Purdue...even tougher being an IU grad. At the same time, somehow I married a Purdue girl. I must have hit my head back in 2014... 

Boat looks sweet!

This was the '18 I designed late last year.  Certainly very similar. Our first Malibu was yellow and it has kind of stuck since as well. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 11.09.41 PM_zpsbkg7p0fu.PNG

Edited by BlknYlwT22
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

I have always been given crap about our boat colors in regards to Purdue...even tougher being an IU grad. At the same time, somehow I married a Purdue girl. I must have hit my head back in 2014... 

Boat looks sweet!

This was the '18 I designed late last year.  Certainly very similar. Our first Malibu was yellow and it has kind of stuck since as well. 

I was thinking red and white for the Hoosiers also. You could have met your wife in the middle with blue and gold. That couldn’t have hurt being from the Bend.

That boat does look good!  Just keep those colors on your boat and not your shirt.

BTW, I literally just finished watching the 30 for 30 on Bob Knight.

Sorry to hijack this thread - I've got a 23 lsv, thinking about trading it for one of the last remaining a24's.  Seems pretty loaded with everything from power wedge 2 to surfpipe clamping racks, sound, soft-grip floor etc.  Priced at $89K.

Seems pretty good price to me?  Thoughts anyone?

4 hours ago, daylorb said:

Sorry to hijack this thread - I've got a 23 lsv, thinking about trading it for one of the last remaining a24's.  Seems pretty loaded with everything from power wedge 2 to surfpipe clamping racks, sound, soft-grip floor etc.  Priced at $89K.

Seems pretty good price to me?  Thoughts anyone?

What’s msrp?

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

12% off MSRP is pretty solid.

It is, but for a left over 2018 I would suggest trying to get that to 15-18. Maybe it won't happen but you don't know if you don't try.

@daylorb at the end of the day it comes down to what you are comfortable paying for the boat. Some may say 12% isn't enough, some may say it is great. It also depends on your location/dealer as a higher volume dealer might be able to move more then a lower volume dealer. So I would still push for a bit more if you feel comfortable with your dealer.

19 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

It is, but for a left over 2018 I would suggest trying to get that to 15-18. Maybe it won't happen but you don't know if you don't try.

@daylorb at the end of the day it comes down to what you are comfortable paying for the boat. Some may say 12% isn't enough, some may say it is great. It also depends on your location/dealer as a higher volume dealer might be able to move more then a lower volume dealer. So I would still push for a bit more if you feel comfortable with your dealer.

Thanks.  Appreciate the quick feedback.  I should add they are giving me a very fair trade so that counts for something...  $63k on my Bu.  Now I need to get over the color - don't love it.  DSCF8186.JPG

• Like 1
On 12/11/2018 at 9:20 PM, BlknYlwT22 said:

Boat looks sweet!

Sounds like you married up then! ;)

Yeah it's a pretty sharp look IMHO for sure...and easy for our friends to spot us when we're out!  No other color combo like on Geist at least.

2 hours ago, minnmarker said:

I actually like it.  And few water spots and a cool deck are bonuses!

I'm a Badger - if only it were Badger Red!  Yeah, it isn't terrible, got to get over the Maroon.  Good to know on the price.  I think they could have given me crap about my trade in as well - knock $3k off the trade price and there is your 15%....