Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prices Paid for 2018 T22?

IndyFerg

Going to be working with a local dealer on trying to move into the Axis family with a 2018 T22.  What's a decent price to expect this time of year on a 2018?  I don't have a lot of experience with Axis as I'm coming from an older Moomba.  The boat details, from memory, as are follows:

• Manual wedge
  • 3 port heater
  • Bimini
  • Cover
  • Rear-facing seating with backrests
  • Speaker pack 2
  • Surf gate
  • Surf pipe
  • Depth finder
  • Interior lights
  • Underwater lights
  • Gatorstep around the gunwales
  • Dual batteries with switch
  • Ski pylon
  • Dual swivel racks
  • Cleats
  • NO carpeting/flooring (I would work to throw that in)
  • Plumbed for PNP ballast but no bags

Thanks for any help!

Edited by IndyFerg
update

In mid August my Malibu dealer was wanting $78k for an A22 similar options as your T22 but with power wedge and  with the PNP bags and the nice flooring, no surf pipe. I'm sure he's come down some more now.

I would think upper 60s to low 70s depending how its configured, how much flake, etc.  It also depends on your relationship with the dealer.  Some get better deals than others because of past history or maybe the dealer just wants it to move.  A T22 is usually around 3-4K less than a similar A22 in pricing.

10 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I'd give up a few options to get the power wedge.  A heater, gatorstep, interior lights, even underwater lights can be added later.  PW, not so much.

Power Wedge! Stop the press! ;)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I'd give up a few options to get the power wedge.  A heater, gatorstep, interior lights, even underwater lights can be added later.  PW, not so much.

Guessing this is a model that is on the floor based on the first post. I do agree though, i would take PW over many options that can be added later.

10 hours ago, Brantb said:

Guessing this is a model that is on the floor based on the first post. I do agree though, i would take PW over many options that can be added later.

Correct, it's already in stock so not an option to build it out really, at least not with something like that I would think...

Edited by IndyFerg

okay, when i was looking at the A20 i was getting quotes of 78k as final offers on new 2018.. No way a t22 should be less than an a20.. or my dealers really suck. 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, semi said:

okay, when i was looking at the A20 i was getting quotes of 78k as final offers on new 2018.. No way a t22 should be less than an a20.. or my dealers really suck. 

Unless that 18 has almost every option checked that is just a few k under the MSPR for an A20 with most of the options that a dealer would check. Where are you located?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 7:16 AM, semi said:

You could get a brand new Malibu 21vlx for $79,999.  Sounds like your dealer it trying to pull a fast one on you. 

The A20 was pretty loaded up. That being said, dealer claimed he couldn't really deal on Axis and that for 2019 they were also raising prices 8% so that took the 2019 out of the question.. I looked at the VLX as well, and 79k isn't reality. I know it says "well optioned" but it leaves alot to be desired. 

• 4 weeks later...

Follow-up on this thread, just inked the deal yesterday!  A bit anti-climactic as the boat was already in storage...now just waiting through a long winter until I can get her out on the water!

2 hours ago, IndyFerg said:

Follow-up on this thread, just inked the deal yesterday!  A bit anti-climactic as the boat was already in storage...now just waiting through a long winter until I can get her out on the water!

Congrats!  What kind of deal did you get?  I've been following this thread and looking at left over 2018's myself so I'm VERY interested.   Also, you need to provide pics as proof you know.....it's kind of a thing around here.  

36 minutes ago, inlandlaker said:

Congrats!  What kind of deal did you get?  I've been following this thread and looking at left over 2018's myself so I'm VERY interested.   Also, you need to provide pics as proof you know.....it's kind of a thing around here.  

Out the door for $72k, which I felt was pretty solid.  There were a bunch of 2018 T22's I saw in onlyinboards int he Michigan area...I'm sure you've seen those but if not, seemed to be pretty decently priced.  I need to figure out how to add pictures, will get some posted when I do.  They will only be the dealer stock photos since I didn't get any with my phone...

Edited by IndyFerg
Just now, IndyFerg said:

Out the door for $72k, which I felt was pretty solid.  I need to figure out how to add pictures, will get some posted when I do.  They will only be the dealer stock photos since I didn't get any with my phone...

Awesome!!  I'm sending you a PM.

not sure where you guys are getting prices in the 60's or even low 70's. I got quoted a price of 88k. And for an A20 79k.. both plus taxes and freight charges too. 

20 minutes ago, semi said:

not sure where you guys are getting prices in the 60's or even low 70's. I got quoted a price of 88k. And for an A20 79k.. both plus taxes and freight charges too. 

agreed, those prices are insane.

15 minutes ago, semi said:

You should be able to pick up a Malibu 21 VLX for around 79k maybe even out the door for that.  There are some dealers/salesmen that do not want to budge on pricing.  Start looking around.  My closest dealer did not want to budge on price on anything, even with new boats sitting on their lot that were almost 2 years old.  I ended up looking around and found two other dealers that came down on price, even on a 21 VLX.  I had to go two hours away for it, but well worth it for both the price and the service of the dealer.

34 minutes ago, semi said:

Either your dealer doesn’t think you are serious, or they are just trying to find some suckers that don’t know any better.  Here is an example of an upgraded 2019 21vlx for $82k at my local dealer.  They addded a sub and tower speakers.  You should be able to get an A22 $10k less.

https://www.tillysmarine.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=5895738&p=1&make=malibu boats&s=Year&d=D&fr=xallinventory

Where are you located?  Are there any other dealers around?