Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard Wake lsv23 vs mxz24 help

Fbeltrao

so this is coming from a 90% surfer, but the 24 MXZ can hold tons of ballast weight and is like riding in a floating wake-limo. I have seen great wakes behind both boats, just love all of the extra room in the 24MXZ.  

2 hours ago, TXSurfGorilla said:

so this is coming from a 90% surfer, but the 24 MXZ can hold tons of ballast weight and is like riding in a floating wake-limo. I have seen great wakes behind both boats, just love all of the extra room in the 24MXZ.  

Many tks. You have the big engine?

I am currently in a 2017 M235 with the Rouschcharged Raptor 575.  We surf 70% wakebaord 30%.  With full factory ballast/PNP/10 adults and the wedge hammered down, this engine will still get you on plane to 23mph pretty fast .  The wake is exceptional, almost terrifying.  I love the big engine.  Are you looking at a new 2019 or a used boat?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TXSurfGorilla said:

I am currently in a 2017 M235 with the Rouschcharged Raptor 575.  We surf 70% wakebaord 30%.  With full factory ballast/PNP/10 adults and the wedge hammered down, this engine will still get you on plane to 23mph pretty fast .  The wake is exceptional, almost terrifying.  I love the big engine.  Are you looking at a new 2019 or a used boat?

I’m looking into the 2019. 

I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction, but I have always been the type that wants more than "adequate" power available.  That being said,i believe the M6Di engine is available and will perform well in that boat unless you add >1000 lbs over factory ballast and are regularly running a crew of >6 adults.  The PCM LSA 555 engine would be a very nice upgrade and a tested and respected option if you feel you need more power for high altitude or if you are really popular with lots of heavy friends. I would still go with the 24 MXZ over the 23 LSV.  That is my favorite boat other than the M235, although the 25 LSV is very close. 

Waterskiamerica.com has a few 2018 24MXZ in stock.  I have owned 8 23 LSV, love the boat and just went from 2014 23 LSV to 24MXZ.  I have the 450 in my 2018 MXZ. the boat is incredible, did not think I would every find a boat that  I liked better then the 23LSV after owning the 23 LSV, 21 VLX and the 247 LSV. The boat is just perfect, no regrets and the surf and wakeboard wake our amazing. Boat practically drives itself and the regular surf wake is almost as good as the goofy side surf wake. That was my biggest gripe with 23LSV was the regular surf wake. Anyhow they are all good, you won't make a bad choice.

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

On 10/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, TXSurfGorilla said:

I realize this thread is old but I am curious how the M235 wake stacks up to the 24 MXZ wake.  I am looking for long transition but still want that wall for big pop off the wake like a G23.  Which has the better transition for landing?