Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2019 helm seat

JDPAxis23

I know this is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know if the new 2019 helm seats would fit on a 2018? Is there even a way to order one? I love the new sporty seat, bought my 2018 23lsv back in may and absolutely love the boat but I really like the look of the new helm seat!

@JDPAxis23:  I upgraded my seat many years ago via a Malibu employee that did upholstery on the side.  It was a much larger year gap but the person basically made me a seat using correct year upholstery and used the HIN to identify the colors and correct materials.   Note:  don't bother to ask who, that person is persona non grata at this time.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:53 PM, JDPAxis23 said:

I know this is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know if the new 2019 helm seats would fit on a 2018? Is there even a way to order one? I love the new sporty seat, bought my 2018 23lsv back in may and absolutely love the boat but I really like the look of the new helm seat!

Right there with ya. I plan to try to measure the boat pattern on mine and compare it with a '19. If I can upgrade for $500, I'm going to go for it. That might be an unrealistic price point though...

28 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Right there with ya. I plan to try to measure the boat pattern on mine and compare it with a '19. If I can upgrade for $500, I'm going to go for it. That might be an unrealistic price point though...

Lol, if you can get that seat for $500, let me know.  

ahopkins22LSV
15 minutes ago, oldstv said:

If the MSRP for a mirror is over $800, I can only imagine what they want for an entire seat.

https://ptmedge.com/vr-140-elite-mirror/ - $400.00

https://ptmedge.com/zxr-200-ski-wake-mirror-brackets/ - $230.00

$800 MSRP isn't that bad and not on Malibu's.. complain to PTM. If you get 20% off MSRP you are paying $640... right at PTM's set price.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like I was blaming anyone, but simply making a cost comparison between the price of a mirror and a seat.