Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

‘18 Malibu 23LSV Wakesetter Wakesurfing boat of the year.

Ronnie

I like malibu as much as the next guy but is there a link to the actual shootout / eval criteria?  This isn't one of those "taco bell has the best mexican food and starbucks has the best coffee" kinda awards is it?

What boat won for wakeboarding?

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I like malibu as much as the next guy but is there a link to the actual shootout / eval criteria?  This isn't one of those "taco bell has the best mexican food and starbucks has the best coffee" kinda awards is it?

It looks like this was kind of a People's choice awards.  Which is why Malibu was sending out emails to get people to go online and vote for their boats.

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/feature/2018-wakeworld-riders-choice-awards.html

Nautique G23 won for wakeboarding. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

It looks like this was kind of a People's choice awards.  Which is why Malibu was sending out emails to get people to go online and vote for their boats.

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/feature/2018-wakeworld-riders-choice-awards.html

Nautique G23 won for wakeboarding. 

Ya, Bu, Nautique, and tige, all send out emails requesting the owners to vote.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

It's a popularity contest more than any kind of real eval.  It's hard to imagine a better surf boat than the centurion ri257 right now.  I'd say in malibus line up alone there are three boats I'd take over the LSV for surfing

26 minutes ago, CJAY said:

It's a popularity contest more than any kind of real eval.  It's hard to imagine a better surf boat than the centurion ri257 right now.  I'd say in malibus line up alone there are three boats I'd take over the LSV for surfing

I can only think of two. mxz 24 and 25 lsv

• Like 2

David the founder of Wakeworld will be in a 2019 LSV next summer! that must have been the boat he wanted :biggrin: haha...

Congrats to Malibu but geeze...how many boat awards are there these days?  It seems like EVERY manufacturer claims some type of award every season.  I think Wake Tractor is the only boat not winning awards these days!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Some people have to pick every little thing apart to belittle it.

:whistle:

Seriously,  log on to any of the top 5 wakeboat manufacturer sites and all of them claim some type of award.  I'm not saying the 23 LSV is not a great surf boat just that all these awards seem to be saturated everywhere.

Trust me after 4 malibu's I am always cheering for this brand, a loyal customer here.  Just takes away some of the "cool" factor when all these manufacturers claim so many different awards. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Considering it came from Wakeworld, I'm actually surprised the 23 LSV won.  

IIRC in 2014 I believe the 23 LSV was given some type of award on WW.  I know David had a blue and white LSV that year....sick boat.

7 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Considering it came from Wakeworld, I'm actually surprised the 23 LSV won.  

I second that.  The G23 has won this award 5 or 6 years in a row.  It’s actually pretty cool that Malibu took the honors this year.

@Fman Not sure what awards you are talking about with all the other manufactures.  This has been the only wakeboard or wakesurf boat of the year award I know of.  

53 minutes ago, SCMike said:

I second that.  The G23 has won this award 5 or 6 years in a row.  It’s actually pretty cool that Malibu took the honors this year.

@Fman Not sure what awards you are talking about with all the other manufactures.  This has been the only wakeboard or wakesurf boat of the year award I know of.  

Yeah I was referring to all marine awards in general across the board, anything from engine, custome service,  innovations, sterling award,  etc etc... just an observation.

It was a joke to mention David being in a new LSV next year... haha:)

Edited by Fman
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Some people have to pick every little thing apart to belittle it.

by the same token, there's a reason some awards aren't viewed with much prestige.  Motor Trend Car of the Year, anyone?

That said, I do spend more at starbucks every year than I'm proud of.

• Like 2

Seems to me like everything is this way now. Everyone gets a trophy or in this case an award. Kinda like the entitlement generation.  

Any of the top boats can win in all honesty, as subjective as surf and wakeboard Wakes  are and peoples likes and dislikes with boats looks and options. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Surfbeast21 said:

Seems to me like everything is this way now. Everyone gets a trophy or in this case an award. Kinda like the entitlement generation.  

Any of the top boats can win in all honesty, as subjective as surf and wakeboard Wakes  are and peoples likes and dislikes with boats looks and options. 

I don't think all rewards are this way, and the ones that aren't mean more due to it.  Any award that the general public votes for, which the majority knows only name over substance,  is crap.  Doesn't mean they won't leverage it for sales and the know nothing public will eat it up.   

What I want to see is the awards given in head to head competition between riders.  "Truth is on the the water" and from all that I know the best surf boat is a centurion.  May not like the fit and finish, but the wave is hard to argue

Award should be favorite wake surf boat, not best

Edited by CJAY
  • Like 1