Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Factory tour -Fall of 2018?

Arctic Slalom

I recently moved to Asheville, NC from North Dakota. 

Yes, the mountain biking is killer. Already broke a carbon frame. 

Anyway, I'm planning to be over by Knoxville this Friday. Can I take a tour of the Malibu (Loudon) Factory on Friday? How does this work?  Is there a contact person or email I can send to someone? 

I'm kinda a big deal because I have a 2004 Sunscape 21 LSV (best Crossover boat Malibu ever built). As Peter Brown knows, it's still mint.

thanks ya'll!

CR 

My communication with Malibu about a tour back in June.

Thank you for requesting a tour of the Malibu Boat’s factory. We are located just outside of Knoxville, TN in Loudon. We offer tours Monday through Thursday, between 8:30am and 2:30pm, EST. We will be shut down for our annual summer shut-down July 2 – July 9, 2018. Please let me know what date and time you would like to come in for a tour.

Best Regards,

Christy Gambrell
Customer Communication Coordinator
Phone: 865-458-5478 ext. 7229
[email protected]

• Like 2

^^^ above information is 100% correct ^^^ 

Christy picked right up. They are not currently running production during Friday, but she's thinking they might need to later the year. 

thanks again for all the help, everyone!

CR

Good to know! I always wanted to see that production processes first hand. I remember like yesterday, how exited I was - 14 years ago - when they sent me pictures of my first Response while it was built in Tennessee. Awesome!

BTW - @Arctic Slalom - Since you picked Asheville NC as your new home spot - you have to go and see Austin at Mystic Waters! My favorite waterski coach of all times! I take the drive up there at least once a year to have a few days of skiing with him. Awesome guy, in a one of a kind place! Is less than an hour from you.

Edited by Chaabo

I'm really hoping to get down there for a tour someday and see how different it is from the tour I did in '06 out in Merced.  At the time, the tour came with a t-shirt, which I still have!  :)

I thought the vinyl cutting machine was about the coolest pizza cutter I'd ever seen.

Definitely love Asheville.  All of Western NC, for that matter.  Might talk to the guys at Moses, who are the Malibu dealers for Knoxville, to see if they can do anything for a potential future visit.  My tour in 2011 was arranged through the then local dealer.  Also while you are in town, if you get a chance, stop at Echelon Bikes.  Cool shop, he has some arrangement with a local brewer (Crafty Bastard) and has about 10-12 of their beers on tap.  It is really close to Moses, for that matter.

14 hours ago, Molarbu said:

Last fall I went by for a tour on a Friday and they were not doing them.  The Supra factory was close by so we went there and it was pretty cool to see.

That's the reason to always schedule in advance.

• Like 1