Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gatorstep

Couvewakesetter

1 hour ago, chantel said:

Active Water Sports would do it I'm sure.

2nd AWS - They did an outstanding great job installing it prior to us taking delivery of my 2016.  Entire floor, storage areas and rear step.   Still looks good.  Gatorstep is local to Portland area too BTW.   Possibility they can install as well if you do not want to tackle it yourself.  

I installed Gatorstep on my gunnels and the nose myself, and it turned out nearly perfect. It was really easy to do yourself. Watch some youtube videos first, then try it yourself. The only one I would be afraid of doing is the main floor. This will save you a lot of money, plus it does not take a lot of time. My dealers rate is $140 per hour, so I have learned to DIY.

The main floor is a real bi*** when having to lay out the 6 diff pieces of my paper template taped down and symmetrical ( margins) and then modify with pencil and when multiple pieces come back modified you have to tape it all down agsin, and if revised agsin , taped down agsin, it’s a pain especially in the hot moist south with the sweat drips, ugggggh, it’s starting to wear thin on my brain and desire for the floor, so yes paying someone is worthwhile but no way you can afford them to do templates and mods one or more times plus test lay the final floor without peal snd stick ( taped down ) and then pesl snd stick apply final to floor 

Edited by granddaddy55

Oh and I forgot to do this right when I finally get floor is to tape it down fir symmetry, stencil around it (so when I pick it up to peal and stick I’ll be putting it down exactly where I taped it down for symmetry ) . That step seems critical because it doesn’t matter that you can pick back up and reapply, your end result has to be symmetrical to the other pieces in respect to pattern and blank margins at edge of floor pieces also being  symmetrical/even/same size.

that means I have at least one more paper template tape down and final product tape down snd stencil left to go, plus final application and possible pick back up adjustments (that I am trying to completely avoid through intricate process described above )

Edited by granddaddy55
14 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

The main floor is a real bi*** when having to lay out the 6 diff pieces of my paper template taped down and symmetrical ( margins) and then modify with pencil and when multiple pieces come back modified you have to tape it all down agsin, and if revised agsin , taped down agsin, it’s a pain especially in the hot moist south with the sweat drips, ugggggh, it’s starting to wear thin on my brain and desire for the floor, so yes paying someone is worthwhile but no way you can afford them to do templates and mods one or more times plus test lay the final floor without peal snd stick ( taped down ) and then pesl snd stick apply final to floor 

I could see humidity making this process much harder

I did my floors, bow and swim step.  All was super easy except the swimstep was kinda a pain. Did have some bubbles but was able to poke a tiny hole in them and roll them out with a rolling pin. I did the floor and bow in about 1-1.5hrs.  Came out perfect.  Pro tip, take a razor and cut the back paper down the middle before taping it down.  Once taped down and aligned, pull up one side and remove the backing and stick it down, then remove the other side and stick it down.  Keeps everything aligned.  

• Like 2