Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Domed Numbers

MalibuBuzz

Who all has Domed Numbers (www.domednumbers.com) and how do you like them? Share pics if possible...would love to see how you picked your color combination.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• areamike

• MalibuBuzz

• doughickey

• WakeGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the domed numbers on mine. I sent the guy (think his name was Eric) a picture of my boat and asked for suggestions. He came back with all chrome for me to go on the black gel. Asked me to try it and he'd re-do it for me in another color if I didn't like it. I'd definitely do it again! Here's the best pic I can find

post-99-1159239606_thumb.jpg

I'll give the nod to customer service at Domed Numbers. I ordered a set from Eric at the beginning of the season (black numbers with chrome background). When I got them in the mail, one set had a few bubbles showing through the dome. Not only did they send me a new pair of numbers, Eric also credited me for the MalibuCrew discount that I missed when I placed the original order.

I had them for my Indiana registration numbers. I ordered yellow with a black outline and they looked very sharp on a yellow panel. I'm planning to order my NC numbers in the same color combo later this year or early next year.

JV

Love mine as well. Don't have any pics available but I did blue outlined in chrome, came out perfect. They are also doing a blue/chrome "BAREFOOT EDITION" decal for the back. Way stoked for that.

Greg.. urs loooook AWESOME! GOOD JOB!!

Thanks Adam. I got lucky with my colors as a base black and the silver matches the silver on the drip molding perfectly. I wasn't too happy that the molds didn't come with the hull arc in them, but I was pretty happy with the spacing from the rubrail. I guess its good to have fat fingers sometimes Biggrin.gif

Here's mine:

f_boat_desc--524_950.jpg

I think they're worth it; its nice when everything matches.

Hmm, you don't have any problems with the black letters on a black boat, even tho they are outlined in white? I kinda want to do the same with mine....using black letters outlined in yellow, but not sure how legal they will be.

Also, did I hear someone say that if you are a Malibu Crew member you get some sort of discount from Domed Numbers? Anyone got details on that?

Hmm, you don't have any problems with the black letters on a black boat, even tho they are outlined in white? I kinda want to do the same with mine....using black letters outlined in yellow, but not sure how legal they will be.

Also, did I hear someone say that if you are a Malibu Crew member you get some sort of discount from Domed Numbers? Anyone got details on that?

I had black numbers with a chrome outline placed on a background of Forest Green on the old boat. I had several inspections done and only one time did the officer make the statement that it didn't really meet up with Oregon regulations. He didn't write me up for it though.

As a paying member of the Bu Crew you do get a discount on Domed Numbers. So pony on up for a paid membership and reap the benefits.

I was a little concerned about black letters on the black stripe. I figured that the black Wakesetter logo on the transom showed up ok, so these would be OK too.

The chrome on the letters is really bright; there are no issues seeing the numbers, even from an angle. I haven't had any problems.

Here's another look from further away:

f_boat_desc--524_715.jpg

If your boat's black, I'd go with them; they really match the other decals well.

I bought my numbers through wakeside.com with some of the Wakeside points I'd accumulated.

Edited by Mechmaster
  • 5 months later...

Maybe I need this Eric guy's number?

I have been in contact with some chic named Shelly and every mock-up she has done isn't even close to my Malibu logo...I'm about ready to tell them to forget it. She hasn't responded to my last email sent back to her 2 days ago about the continued discrepancy in the mock-up. She tells me to order chrome/gold shadow/outline and if the numbers are not right, they will replace them. Well guess what? There is no friggin chrome/gold color selection on their online order form...IDIOTS! Mad.gif

Making me crazy Crazy.gif . Not to mention, mentioning Malibu Crew did nothing for me where domed numbers is concerned. :unsure:

How is it all of you had a great experience with domednumbers? Am I just a sour apple or what?

Edited by areamike

BAH...forget it. I'm done trying to get domednumbers to match my logo.

They say if it doesn't match, they will send me a new set? Well, I don't have time for the ..."let's see if we can get this right" game.

And to think so many people had nothing but good things to say about domednumber.com...well, I'm not one of them now. Keep it!

Just ordered mine today. I spoke with Shelly and Eric. I had a pleasant experience with both of them. I can't wait to see how it looks on the boat.

BAH...forget it. I'm done trying to get domednumbers to match my logo.

They say if it doesn't match, they will send me a new set? Well, I don't have time for the ..."let's see if we can get this right" game.

And to think so many people had nothing but good things to say about domednumber.com...well, I'm not one of them now. Keep it!

I understand where you're coming from, believe me. I have several companies, one in particular that I've been a loyal customer to until very recently. I've lost enough confidence in them that I've given up & moved on. So believe me I understand. Heck, when I went to order my numbers from Eric I was going for a match for the new font along with something different to match my coloring. I waited a looooooong time to get even a mock-up & then what I did get I reallly didn't like. I almost bailed on them, but ended up ordering my numbers from their stock fonts & colors, & have been very happy with them (as I was with the previous set on the previous boat).

So I'm making no excuses for them, they definitely have some issues & growing pains to get through. What I'm curious about is what logo you're trying to match? They have a very, very close font that works well with the big MALIBU on the side of the boat, & it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't advised of that.