Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ski locker in rlxi

lxirod

does anyone else have the plastic sheet that goes in the ski locker. well i never use the locker and today i decided to clean it out. well i took the plastic sheet out and realized i had a bunch a water in there. i must have bailed out at least 10 gallons . the plastic liner was decieving it covered up the water when i checked for it.

i wonder what kind of perfomance impact its been having on my boat, having 10 gallons of water swishing around.

Do you not keep anything in the locker? I've got a pair of combos in there (just in case Jack ever shows up here in Michigan - he'll probably need them Tease.gif), holds the liner down and makes it easy to see if water is in there.

i wonder what kind of perfomance impact its been having on my boat, having 10 gallons of water swishing around.

Maybe that's what was messing with your wake, and not that oversized towel bar you had on there? :)

My RLXi always takes on a bit of water, no clue where it's coming from. It's not coming in from the bow eye, my shaft packing is adjusted a tad on the tight side so it's not the shaft, no water leaks from the engine / shower / heater, and my HDS isn't broken. All wet stuff in the boat goes in the wet bucket. I'll probably just yank the goofy plastic sheet and roll on some truck bedliner stuff once I shut it down this winter.

I will get some water in there, but only if I take a roller over the bow.

Two things I have heard of that will make the matter worse:

1. Leaving the plug between the ski locker and the rest of the bilge open. If you usually keep the boat pretty dry, just keep that plug closed.

2. A loose bow eye or one that isn't sealed. I seem to remember a couple of people having a problem where their bow eye either wasn't real tight or wasn't sealed and water was coming in there.

One trick I use to keep my locker nice and dry is to place one of my cleaning towels rolled up and underneath that black plastic sheet right up against the drain plug. Any water that sloshes around then gets soaked up when it moves towards the back. I then just remove the towel at the end of the day and place a new dry one there for the next outting.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Edited by mlange
I'll get a little water in my ski locker usually only after a weekend or more in the water. I keep the drain plug to the bilge closed all the time.

Our boat has a drain plug from the ski locker to the bilge? Hummnn..I've never noticed that.

I'll get a little water in my ski locker usually only after a weekend or more in the water. I keep the drain plug to the bilge closed all the time.

Our boat has a drain plug from the ski locker to the bilge? Hummnn..I've never noticed that.

Yep it's there. Take a look around you may have missed some other things as well. Tease.gif

My RLXi always takes on a bit of water, no clue where it's coming from.

Are you sure it's water?

Maybe your kids are using that area as a porta-potty! :lol:

Are you sure it's water?

Only if you want to see edwin's head explode. I can't imagine what the fallout would be from something like that happening on a boat whose owner has a wet bucket. ROFL.gif

I've got a pair of combos in there (just in case Jack ever shows up here in Michigan - he'll probably need them Tease.gif),

Just long enough to get up behind that dog of a boat you have. Then I'll drop one and cavitate your prop. Tease2.gif

Are you sure it's water?

our ski locker is not treated the same as your swim platform ;)

Are you sure it's water?

our ski locker is not treated the same as your swim platform ;)

Yeah, but at least she is trained! ;)

Yep it's there. Take a look around you may have missed some other things as well. Tease.gif

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful Tongue.gif

Only if you want to see edwin's head explode. I can't imagine what the fallout would be from something like that happening on a boat whose owner has a wet bucket. ROFL.gif

WG- He's trying very hard. This summer at Table rock we all got together, about 4 boats or so, and teenagers were swimming from boat to boat and playing. Then they all got the munchies, as teens do, and my wife had the snacks and happened to be sitting on Edwins swimdeck eating trailmix- you know, raisens,m&m's and nuts, when the teens starting swimming for Edwin's boat. His eyes turned into the size of pumpkins and he asked for another beer, QUICKLY! He didn't say anything about it and was willing to let it unfold when I stepped in and sent all the snacks to my boat. I have to admit though that I couldn't handle seeing Edwin's pristine boat have a single raisen squished in between the cushions or an m&m smashed into the carpet. Yahoo.gif

Maybe Edwin will chime in about the time he invited a friend and the friend’s wife out for the day. Friend offers to bring food and shows up with, among other things, cheddar cheese puffs…with extra cheddar cheese. Fortunately, friend’s wife is verrrrrrrrrry easy on the eyes…so friend and wife made it out in the boat. Same could not be said; however, for the cheese puffs.

Maybe Edwin will chime in about the time he invited a friend and the friend’s wife out for the day. Friend offers to bring food and shows up with, among other things, cheddar cheese puffs…with extra cheddar cheese. Fortunately, friend’s wife is verrrrrrrrrry easy on the eyes…so friend and wife made it out in the boat. Same could not be said; however, for the cheese puffs.

Don't make me post a pic of her Surprised.gif

I'm mellowing in my old age...I didn't even wax the boat after the last road trip!

WG- He's trying very hard. This summer at Table rock we all got together, about 4 boats or so, and teenagers were swimming from boat to boat and playing. Then they all got the munchies, as teens do, and my wife had the snacks and happened to be sitting on Edwins swimdeck eating trailmix- you know, raisens,m&m's and nuts, when the teens starting swimming for Edwin's boat. His eyes turned into the size of pumpkins and he asked for another beer, QUICKLY! He didn't say anything about it and was willing to let it unfold when I stepped in and sent all the snacks to my boat. I have to admit though that I couldn't handle seeing Edwin's pristine boat have a single raisen squished in between the cushions or an m&m smashed into the carpet. Yahoo.gif

Fingerwag.gif