Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018/19 dark vinyl colors

SOcalSurfer

Hey Crew,

Possibly upgrading this year and love the new upholstery colors (Charcoal, Azure, brown). anyone have experience with the darker colored interior in terms of heat and stains? Mainly boat in AZ so even white gets scorching hot in the summertime and wondering if the colored interiors are really THAT much hotter? thanks guys

2019 is all new vinyl and in my experience it stays just as cool as any other color. Granted we are in Michigan so the sun is not nearly as intense but we love it. When t does get warm to the touch it cools immediately with any air flow. The graphite hides almost everything and cleans easily. The black shows a lot but cleans easily too. I think the 19 vinyl cleans better than the 18. 

BF20ABD4-3FDE-464F-9072-30DE2C8A6D57.thumb.jpeg.4e26a92c0d939cfbaa066ddfcfd441ab.jpeg

168B2218-9694-47C5-A7F6-739D524B4D5B.thumb.jpeg.77abd051c14b75084b8cd890be51027b.jpeg

I love the all dark interior, doesn't get the grimey or dirty look of white and I have had the same experience as @ahopkinsVTX my boat was in 100 plus this summer and there was no noticeable difference from the white or black vinyl in my 08 VLX.

20180731_143234.jpg

20180731_143239.jpg

Edited by Chappy
  • Like 2

I have all graphite with black accents in my 2018 and really like it. No issues with heat.  All vinyl gets hot in direct sun on a hot day - no noticeable difference in comparison with lighter colored interiors in past Malibu’s including 95+ degree days. 

@Chappy is all of your graphite on your 2019 the same texture?  One thing I like about my 2018 is panels of the same graphite color but in different textures of vinyl. 

I have black and dark gray interior on my 2015 and it does get hot in the direct sun.  I test drove a new 2019 with dark brown accents and it gets hot as well.  Supposedly Malibu took an IR temp to both theirs and MC’s cool touch and it was same temp.  Either way, out is waaaay easier to keep darker colors clean