Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heatercraft SALE

Ryan1776

14 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Is there an easy way to tell which hose is which on your heater without making a mess of things?  I plan to ski all winter and would like heat at idle or at rest.  That solar pump might be the ticket, but gotta know which line it goes on and directionality.  Install would be under dash as those aren't ignition protected pumps.

@justgary is correct. It is stated as a submersible pump.  That being said, under the dash puts it closer to the electrical source to power it anyway. As far as finding the inlet and outlet, the 200 series do not have a specified inlet and outlet. The 300 series  ones (3 vent output) do. (As is my understanding) and on my enclosure it specifically states "INLET" on one of the lines. You might be able to find that on yours and splice into the correct line. 

On 10/1/2018 at 3:42 PM, UWSkier said:

Is there an easy way to tell which hose is which on your heater without making a mess of things?  I plan to ski all winter and would like heat at idle or at rest.  That solar pump might be the ticket, but gotta know which line it goes on and directionality.  Install would be under dash as those aren't ignition protected pumps.

If it's not marked, grab the hoses at the core when it's running on high and you might be able to feel a temperature difference and figure it out.  If not, pull one hose and fire the engine for a second.

Edited by TomH
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Curious what heat at idle is like with that pump mounted there.  It's pulling a long way.

Interesting, where do they usually mount the pump? It's probably only 10 linear feet? And it's pushing back to the engine as heater craft shows. 

54 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

Interesting, where do they usually mount the pump? It's probably only 10 linear feet? And it's pushing back to the engine as heater craft shows. 

I've seen them mounted under the dash and in the engine compartment.  Under dash, I've seen Johnson pumps which tend to be fairly rugged.  I'm just curious how your $15 ebay pump works since it's sucking through the heater core, through the feed line, out of the top of the engine block.  If that little pump can pull that, that's pretty damn impressive and I'll be adding one.

41 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I've seen them mounted under the dash and in the engine compartment.  Under dash, I've seen Johnson pumps which tend to be fairly rugged.  I'm just curious how your $15 ebay pump works since it's sucking through the heater core, through the feed line, out of the top of the engine block.  If that little pump can pull that, that's pretty damn impressive and I'll be adding one.

Well, it's more that it's assisting in the water movement, the engine recirc pump is still helping, this is just there to assist in that, especially at idle. 
I saw a few threads on here about using that type of pump, no one had any data on it, I posted a thread on it and got no responses. For 15 bucks totally worth a shot. 

Engine off, you'll get heat for a little bit, but not a long time so we'll see, any water movement is something. 

If it doesn't work, no big loss. 

10 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Ryan1776 Come on now and get that boat out on the water and report back. You can't say it's too cold out, you have a heater!

Actually! Going tonight! At least that's the plan! I should know and pass on all the info. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Fittings-Yeah but they get ya on the shipping.

Very similar pump. I just don't like the inlet/outlet arrangement. I liked the direct alignment. BUT depends on how you're mounting it. A million ways to do this. 

3 hours ago, Ryan1776 said:

Fittings-Yeah but they get ya on the shipping.

Very similar pump. I just don't like the inlet/outlet arrangement. I liked the direct alignment. BUT depends on how you're mounting it. A million ways to do this. 

Yeah, I thought about that too, but reading reviews, there were fewer complaints from people of the impeller breaking loose and spinning freely on the shaft with the beige pump so going to give that a go.  Flow through both pumps is basically the same.  On the inline, the water needs to drop down into the impeller housing anyways.  This way it's making one less turn.  I'll post up pics once installed.

Looking forward to your report!  :)

Edited by UWSkier
22 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Ryan1776 Come on now and get that boat out on the water and report back. You can't say it's too cold out, you have a heater!

Well sorry guys. 

Windy, choppy, and cranky 8month old baby. 

Gonna have to try it later. 

Got mine all hooked up and hope to test this weekend. Or maybe run in the driveway tomorrow. All in for 30 bucks. Can't believe how fast the shipping was on those fittings. Went for cheapest option and got them next day from NJ to AZ for 4 bucks. 

12 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Got mine all hooked up and hope to test this weekend. Or maybe run in the driveway tomorrow. All in for 30 bucks. Can't believe how fast the shipping was on those fittings. Went for cheapest option and got them next day from NJ to AZ for 4 bucks. 

Seriously? 4 bucks for next day? It was telling me 9 for Slow poke USPS.....

That's awesome. Quiet pumps aren't they? 

1 hour ago, Ryan1776 said:

Seriously? 4 bucks for next day? It was telling me 9 for Slow poke USPS.....

That's awesome. Quiet pumps aren't they? 

Yeah. I expected them next week sometime. 

Pretty quiet. With heater fans on I probably won't be able to hear it. 

• 1 year later...

How are these pumps holding up? I am about to start my install on my 18 LSV but still have not got any help figuring out how factory hooked pumps up to the Raptor 410! I have a couple threads out there now fishing for help but so far nothing. The Crew is letting me down.

ahopkins22LSV
39 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

How are these pumps holding up? I am about to start my install on my 18 LSV but still have not got any help figuring out how factory hooked pumps up to the Raptor 410! I have a couple threads out there now fishing for help but so far nothing. The Crew is letting me down.

I think it’s more because no one has done it before so they aren’t sure how it hooks up. Have you reached out to your dealer to see if they can help with a wiring diagram?

2 hours ago, dalt1 said:

The way I had installed mine last year had the impeller at a low point in the return loop. I didn't use it for about 8 months and it wouldn't spin when I tested it in the fall. Took it out, cleaned out some sediment and reinstalled in an inverted orientation. Been working great this winter. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I think it’s more because no one has done it before so they aren’t sure how it hooks up. Have you reached out to your dealer to see if they can help with a wiring diagram?

Hate to bother my dealer with something I am not willing to pay them to do. The crew is normally a great resource for these types of projects but guessing no one has done this yet on my model and engine.  Hard to believe. All I need is someone that has factory install to look around and maybe get me some picks and info from their boat. Would love to find someone local to let me look at theirs.The new 19 and 20's don't help because of the engine changes and no Raptor 410's.

I want to install as factory setup so the posts of different installs don't help. Some run pump at different times and locations from what apparently what my Raptor likes.

Anyone in Middle TN with a Raptored LSV 18 model year with heater I can look at?

2 hours ago, dalt1 said:

Hate to bother my dealer with something I am not willing to pay them to do. The crew is normally a great resource for these types of projects but guessing no one has done this yet on my model and engine.  Hard to believe. All I need is someone that has factory install to look around and maybe get me some picks and info from their boat. Would love to find someone local to let me look at theirs.The new 19 and 20's don't help because of the engine changes and no Raptor 410's.

I want to install as factory setup so the posts of different installs don't help. Some run pump at different times and locations from what apparently what my Raptor likes.

Anyone in Middle TN with a Raptored LSV 18 model year with heater I can look at?

Is there a dealer in the area with a used 18 for sale? 

22 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Is there a dealer in the area with a used 18 for sale? 

I checked OnlyInboards thinking same as you but nothing showing here. May have to check But only 1 dealer here. Still an hour away.

3 hours ago, dalt1 said:

I checked OnlyInboards thinking same as you but nothing showing here. May have to check But only 1 dealer here. Still an hour away.

TNT is your local dealer? Looks like they have a used mxz and a 25 lsv in stock that both have a heater. 

• Like 1