Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

93 MALIBU SKIER

Malinewb

Im currently looking at a 93 Malibu skier and did a search to see if it had wood stringers. The only reply I found said that 93 and up had fiberglass composite stringers but it didn't include the skier on the list.

So is it wood or?

Rolling change for the square windshield Skier and Sunsetter through 93-94 from what we figured a few years back. No way to know for sure without inspecting. Could look at seat bases as a possible telltale. All Echelons are wood free with white composite seat bases as are all 95 up boats across the range.  

Edited by jk13

Best way to tell for sure is to drill a very small hole in the stringer and see what the shavings are, Composite or Wood. however I'm pretty sure the owner is not going to allow someone to just drill away. You could pull one the the engine or trans mounting bolts and take a look in the hole buy using A pick or something in that manner to check the material. Maybe get the serial number off the Boat and call Malibu. They have been pretty helpful on these things. Good Luck on your search. 

Edited by 96Response
spelling

@Malinewb:  Yes, that boat would still have wood stringers, and as noted you have ways to confirm.  The Echelon intro in '93 was the first model to be all fiberglass.  I suggest you search 'square windshield' on this forum and you will find several threads on Skier restoration projects.