Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 LSV long distance towing with 18 Raptor

04cobraboy

So I know the 2018 Raptor doesn't have amazing towing capability, yet for pulling the 05 23' LSV around town here in League City, TX it works great for me as I never planned on traveling far. That's where it changes... So my father lives in Alabama and I plan on going there in two weeks to visit. He lives right off the Coosa river. Long story short does anyone advise me not to take it from Houston to Gadsen, AL due to weight limitations and weight distribution issues during towing. I've never pulled a trailer that far but have no issues pulling it as I can drive well with a trailer. I've read all the threads about saran wrapping the rub rails before putting the cover on and all that. I know about the bearings and normal maintenance. Basically just don't want this thing to flip on me from swaying all over the place. I just don't have enough experience to know whether it is or is not possible, safely. Thank you in advanced.

I think you will be fine as far as the truck goes.  An 05 23LSV is about 1200lbs less than a 2018 23LSV.  Make sure tires are filled to max and keep it 70 or under and I don't think you'll have any issues.  May not be the best tow rig but it's still a very capable truck.  

• Like 1