Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV leftover

Clearprop

92k with trailer sound “fair”? Just trying to determine if it’s a good buy. New, 1.9 hours. I know some don’t care for the walkthrough/step pad but it doesn’t affect us either way. Coming from an older Nautique, this will be our first Malibu. 

PW2, 2 tower speakers and sub, seadek, surf pipe exhaust, g35 w/ surf Bimini, 2 pair cleats, docking lights, high alt prop, plug and play 550’s, zero off. 

Think that covers it... no matelic paint. 

Build sheet below:

MSRP was in the high 130's originally. They marked it to 105k with trailer and I'm at 92k now.  It does seem like a very fair deal to me and I guess that's all that really matters.  Since I'm coming from a different manufacturer, I was just curious what everyone in the brand might have to ad. 

I have noticed used 2016/2017's for the same 'asking' price so that was encouraging...

Thank you for the feedback!

CANVAS COVERS
CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf
CS Boat Cover w/TAPS 2 and Swimboard Cover
Shrinkable Shipping Cover
ENGINE
Monsoon 62L 410
Standard - 15 x 1575 - 2277 (CHANGED TO HIGH ALT)
ENGINE ACCESSORIES
Exhaust - Surf Pipe
GRAPHICS
Wakesetter Hull Graphics
STEREO COMPONENTS
Sound System - Wake 23 LSV Pack
Subwoofer - 12 inch Subwoofer (w/amp)
TOWER AND ACCESSORIES
Black-Illusion G35 - Tower
Port Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo
Black-Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 (1 set)
Starboard Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo
Tower Amp - 500w
Gunmetal Stainless-Tower Hoop and Arch Color Selection
WAKE TECHNOLOGY
Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System
Ballast HI FLO - Midship Malibu Launch System
Ballast HI FLO - PNP Plumbing w/Auto Vent
Ballast HI FLO - Rear Malibu Launch System
Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband
Wedge - Power Wedge II
COCKPIT OPTIONS
Cup Holders - Stainless
Mirror &W/S Mount - PTM 14 in - Black
Composite
Sterling-Soft-Grip Flooring
Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way Joystick
Zero Off GPS
HARDWARE
Battery Set Up - Option 2
Pull Up Cleats - Two Pair
Pylon - V-Drive - Brushed Gray Anodized
LIGHTING
Docking Lights (Pair, LEDs)
MISC
Edition-Core
Edition-Core
Package-Core
MISC OPTIONS
Surcharge - Grow Boating Campaign
Surcharge - WSIA
TRAILER (INCLUDED)
No Trailer Credit
*STANDARD FEATURES
Wake Hull
All Composite Construction
Ballast - Monitoring System (BMS)
Blueprinted Hulls and Decks Merged with
WeldOn TM
Carpeting - Premium Polypropylene
Coast Guard Certified
Composite Flooring System
Fiberglass Engine Chassis System (FIbECS)
Gauge Panel - Billet
Glove Box - Locking
Hand Laid Fiberglass Construction
Mufflers - Silent Rider
NMMA Certified
Rubrail - Stainless (w/through holes)
Seat Bolster - Flip Up (Drivers)
Shaft Seal - Water Cooled
Ski Tow Bar - Rear Grab Handle
Sound Suppression - MSST
Transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty

That is a good buy.  Depending on your altitude, you may want to keep that 2277 prop.  Most on here love it on that era LSV.  The LSV got a 1.76:1 tranny in 2016 and what used to be high altitude prop common knowledge changed then.    The 2277 has been good for surfing, boarding, and cruising for most with it.   

A 3rd set of cleats is nice, but not necessary.  

I would love to see a deal like that. I have been looking at boats just about every day and havent seen a price like that.

I didnt see that transom remote on the list which is odd for a boat with than many options checked

13 hours ago, Clearprop said:

92k with trailer sound “fair”? Just trying to determine if it’s a good buy. New, 1.9 hours. I know some don’t care for the walkthrough/step pad but it doesn’t affect us either way. Coming from an older Nautique, this will be our first Malibu. 

PW2, 2 tower speakers and sub, seadek, surf pipe exhaust, g35 w/ surf Bimini, 2 pair cleats, docking lights, high alt prop, plug and play 550’s, zero off. 

Think that covers it... no matelic paint. 

More than fair, I asked for a price over the weekend, granted it had a 450, semi-blinged trailer and flake, but the price was $113k.

1 hour ago, Brantb said:

I would love to see a deal like that. I have been looking at boats just about every day and havent seen a price like that.

I didnt see that transom remote on the list which is odd for a boat with than many options checked

I thought it was odd too. But with a savings like this I think I can live without it 😊

Edited by Clearprop
Fat fingers

If it helps, I just got a quote from our local dealer WITHOUT a trailer for well more than that on a '18 23 LSV.  I am also in NC....  I would be trading in my VLX, which muddies things a bit.  Thanks for the post.  This will help me.