Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which boat 2002 moomba outback or 2004 malibu sunsetter 23 xti

Timmo689

Hey guys i need help, i am between two boats, i found a guy with a 02 outback ls, that puts out a vey nice surf wave, he is asking 17k, i also found a 2004 sunsetter xti for 14k without a trailer, if i put money into the sunsetter, to get it ready to surf, which boat is a better wave, and a better price.

Edited by Timmo689
1 hour ago, minnmarker said:

V drive Outback, I assume.  I would go with the Outback.  The XTi has a strange cockpit and no place to put ballast bags and the engine is in the bad spot for a surf boat.

Okay the guy at the dealership just said he could do 10k, and the moomba is 17k, the moomba is actually a direct drive.

I have a friend who has a DD Outback a few years newer.  One thing that I remember is the outback sits very low to the water with low freeboard, and I always feel like he is trying to avoid dunking the bow.  He doesn't put much weight into it, so I can only imagine how much worse it would be if you were adding weight for surfing.