Sign in to follow this  
king_kong

ended my season on a bad note

king_kong

Well unfortunatlly my season didn't end the way i was hopping. The day started out great yesterday, me and my buddy went and got the boat filled up nice and early ready to use a hole tank of gas in one day just boarding all day and just goin out with a bang this season. Well we had the boat in about 9 and we had the entire lake to our selfs except for some bass boats and that was it. Our first sesion went great, we all got a great warm up and had a good time and we ended up headin at 12 to get some lunch. So about a hour later we went back out for sesion 2 and i decided to go ahead and go first. well on my second wake to wake disaster struck. I was working on getting more air by jumping of the wake and well lets just say when i landed things didn't go that great.

So today i went to the doctor and it turns out i have a pretty bad sprain in my right ankle. I have to lay off it for the next couple days and i'm goin to be on crutches for at least a week.

D-GOOSE

That stinks, atleast you have the next 4 months to heal.

Mike00LXI

Coulda been worse

WakeGirl

I'm so sorry to hear that, but yeah, it coulda been worse. Just do what the docs say & you'll be good as new in no time.

stewart

Sorry to hear about your injury.... Unfortunately, I'm also on the disabled list for now. Trying to let some patella tedonitis heal up. Was on the right track, except for a little set back this weekend Innocent.gif (Mark your Phase 5 was worth it :) )

Hopefully, I'll be ready to board for my last planned trip in October.

Hang in there man, snow skiing/boarding is just around the corner!

Baddog

Amazing what we do for entertainment isn't it?

BlastRlxi

Hope you feel better soon. Were you up at Caesar's Creek?

SunriseH2OSkier
I'm so sorry to hear that, but yeah, it coulda been worse.

Speaking from experience there, Tracie? ;)

Best wishes, KK - hope you heal quick!

Malibudude
I'm so sorry to hear that, but yeah, it coulda been worse. Just do what the docs say & you'll be good as new in no time.

If I hadn't looked at the photos of your foot w/ the scews in it I would have called foul on that one... Crazy.gif

Liquidmx

I sprained my ankle really bad this summer and ended up riding on a roam two weeks later. I went to see my doctor and he thought I had broken it based on the swelling locations, luckily it was just a bad sprain. I wasnt going wake to wake or anything, just cutting around, but it helped ease the pain. Listen to your doctor and do what he says. Often times sprains can be re-habbed relatively fast based on how diligent you are about working it out. I am about 6 weeks out on mine and I am finally able to start pushing it again.

Ohh. and if you have good insurance make sure and see a sports medicine doctor, they are typically more understanding about our madness.