Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G4 tower

Buriffic

Most folks that have it love the G4.  The clamping racks are on it which is a big plus.  In that year, it was around a $10K option if I recall right.  I wouldn’t hesitate on the tower at all.  Depending on elevation, I would look at engine and other options.  But whether G3 or G4, I don’t think a tower would sway my decision on buying a used one. Unless you have to frequently fold the tower for storage - them the G4 likely wins hands down.  G3 folds,  it not as easy as the G4.  

27 minutes ago, Buriffic said:

Looking at upgrading from my 03 vlx to a 16  23 lsv looked at one with G4 tower 150 hrs 89k ... Thoughts?  Feedback.  Thank you.

I have a G4 on my 2015 22 VLX and love it.  It is very easy to raise and lower. 

The only issue, is that my G4 came with a Commercial Sewing Bimini that required me to completely remove the bimini to fully collapse the tower.  I had to upgrade the brackets to the G4 Pistol Slider so that I could swing my bimini out of the way and completely collapse the tower.  I would check to see what bimini is attached to the 23 LSV to make sure you are able to collapse the tower with the bimini out of the way.  I think the G4 Pistol Slider became standard on newer boats.  Youtube has a good video on how the G4 Pistol Slider works.

I love my 2016!  Although I still have thoughts of flipping it for a new one (or a 25LSV). 

The 410 with the 2277 prop seems to be the favorite combo of most on here.  My only real complaint is the factory stereo sucks for the price. 

Most run additinal bow weight to get full wave potential, but it certainly isn’t a requirement. 

I was contemplating a new 21 vlx for 91k plus tax, slightly convinced a 23 lsv might be a bit big for us.  After driving the 23lsv I think we are convinced it's the boat for us... 2 avid surfers who work like heck behind our current boat,  ready to step it up.