Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Older T23 vs. A24

abovewater

I'm looking at trading in my 2012 A22 for something newer, bigger, and with surfgate. I've spent a fair amount of time in a 17 T23, but my budget is around 60k so that's too new. I'm thinking 2015-2016 T23 or 2014-2016 A24. I was at the dealer and they said the older version(pre 18) of the A24 didn't surf well. I know they're trying to sell me the boats they have in stock, so I wanted to check with all of you. What's your experience with the original model A24 and how does it compare to the T23? I will take any and all opinions.

Thanks.

Ill have to agree i think the old T23 will surf better than an older A24. Both have floating wedge which becomes a pain when loading down the boat and trying to get on plane. You will need more nose weight than the bag to compensate for the wedge.

That being said my 2017 T23 with floating wedge and stock ballast put out a great stock wave. 

Thanks for the reply. I've been in the 17 T23 and yeah, the wave is awesome. I'm having a hard time understanding that the A24 has a bad wake. I left the wedge up, and the boat has the upgraded 450 motor so getting up was no issue whatsoever. That boat might actually have too much power.