Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this to deep for the trailer to load?

Sixball

How does this happen?

It's pics like this that cause me to always remind the tow vehicle driver to stay in the vehicle - preferably with a foot on the brake pedal. I don't need any help unhooking the winch when launching or winching up the boat when retrieving. I would rather have the peace of mind that the vehicle is manned. Of course, this isn't an option if you are launching/retrieving alone.  

A friend of mine almost lost his truck due to a slick ramp and getting out of the truck. He also had to put it in 4wd to get out, he said he never had that happen until he tried a different set of tires. He had just put some Nitto's on when that happened, I had a set a few years ago and noticed they seemed to spin/slide more than the other brands I had been using when the roads were wet.

37 minutes ago, Andrew63 said:

Saw that doing the FB rounds, how does that happen?

Did a rudder cable fail?

13 year old kid driving.  Heard he may have been messing with speed control, realized he was off line, then pulled to reverse.  You can see the skier lets go (dad).  Motor ended up seized due to water ingestion is what I understand.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

13 year old kid driving.  Heard he may have been messing with speed control, realized he was off line, then pulled to reverse.  You can see the skier lets go (dad).  Motor ended up seized due to water ingestion is what I understand.

I assumed for sure he tied the boat up in the cables holding the buoys in place...and they were steel cables attached to 5,000 pound blocks, hahaha! 

I did not think a boat could sink that quick in the front from just a simple move to reverse.  The boat keeps moving forward at the end of the video.