Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

500 hours!

RyanB

Well, actually 498.7.  But I'll roll into 500 Sunday.  Not bad for 4 season. 

Kind of at the point where I either need to buck up and buy the next boat, or run this one for the next several years and not worry about how resale will plummet as buyers freak out over a "high hour" boat.

KFhdC6a.jpg

mq8NvdE.jpg

oRI6RTg.jpg

• Like 4

We have very extended season so kudos for your hours with less season.  

Owned for exactky 4.5 years and with 9 months off including 1/2 year in season  fir a broken femur I’m at 590.  Your 500 means a lot in terms of reliability so enjoy it. 

as they say about a pick em up trucks, ride it till the wheels fall off  

if you’ve had as few issues as my motor , no way I give up that reliability.

Id like to keep mine forever and find  a boat partnership in a newer bigger boat somewhere in a lift near town

Living on A lake hours is not the badge of honer. My badge is the :biggrin: on our face. And being into hard core skiing we are very limited to ability of ski time both from body abuse and skiing water!  I would love more water time for skiing but our lake is not seeing quiet time late evenings like we use to see. So we don't often get more then one ski a day now!  If I could get more of my ski buds to retire we could raise our water time!  Our pontoon get more hours now then the ski boat. Kind of a bummer but then not really.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sixball said:

Living on A lake hours is not the badge of honer. My badge is the :biggrin: on our face. And being into hard core skiing we are very limited to ability of ski time both from body abuse and skiing water!  I would love more water time for skiing but our lake is not seeing quiet time late evenings like we use to see. So we don't often get more then one ski a day now!  If I could get more of my ski buds to retire we could raise our water time!  Our pontoon get more hours now then the ski boat. Kind of a bummer but then not really.

I wish we lived on a lake.  All but impossible in Colorado.  We trailer 2+ hours for most of our trips.

I used to think skiing was a lot of fun.  But got tired of driving home from the lake with my neck so stiff I couldn't turn it even enough to look in the mirrors.  Falls at 11.2 MPH don't hurt.

And I'd be with you on the retirement thing.  If only I had enough $$$......

• Like 3

500 hours won't hurt you.  The last 2 of my 3 boats had over 500 hours.  The first one I got more than I bought it for, the second I sold it for a great price.  Love people who actually use and learn their boats.  Congrats man looks like you'r enjoying the lake!

Awesome. Nothing beats seeing people who actually use their boats. 

The sad thing is the average buyer looks at it and goes “wow that’s really high...”.  Meanwhile it’s in better shape than most 200hr boats.

• Like 3

With the suck gates now no real reason to update a 2012, same BOat would cost you as much as 50% more, can’t be worth it and by now all of your reliability issues have probably  been solved 

Edited by granddaddy55
50 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

With the suck gates now no real reason to update a 2012, same BOat would cost you as much as 50% more, can’t be worth it and by now all of your reliability issues have probably  been solved 

That's the big plus of holding onto a boat long term.  you really work out the kinks and really get to know the boat

On 9/12/2018 at 8:19 PM, RyanB said:

Well, actually 498.7.  But I'll roll into 500 Sunday.  Not bad for 4 season. 

Kind of at the point where I either need to buck up and buy the next boat, or run this one for the next several years and not worry about how resale will plummet as buyers freak out over a "high hour" boat.

KFhdC6a.jpg

mq8NvdE.jpg

oRI6RTg.jpg

That is a great looking LSV:thumbup:...I say keep her and let her crank up those hours.  I have a friend with 2100 hours on his boat, original engine and trans.

FWIW I have been out in a 2018 LSV you wont see much change in the wakeboard wake or surf wave and I actually like the 2014-2017 cabin seating better with the rounded corners.  The price delta from what you paid for your 2014 to a new 2018 would be massive and not worth it imo.  Unless you dont care about dropping $110k+ on a new 2019.

5 hours ago, Fman said:

That is a great looking LSV:thumbup:...I say keep her and let her crank up those hours.  I have a friend with 2100 hours on his boat, original engine and trans.

FWIW I have been out in a 2018 LSV you wont see much change in the wakeboard wake or surf wave and I actually like the 2014-2017 cabin seating better with the rounded corners.  The price delta from what you paid for your 2014 to a new 2018 would be massive and not worth it imo.  Unless you dont care about dropping $110k+ on a new 2019.

Thanks.  We really like more classic colors.

Upgrade cost would be pretty significant as we would likely go to a 25.  Which would cause me to upgrade a tow vehicle as well.......

I already think you hit the high hour mark compared to the boats people will be looking at.  Unfortunately, most buyers are uneducated about high hours, and you will take some sort of hit on price, or at a minimum a little longer to sell.  Still a lot cheaper than new.  You can't possibly think that if all things are equal, that a 200 and 500 hour boat will fetch the same price.  Unfortunately, it is the sad reality.  

I love the stormtrooper colors, personally.  

Now I know you have gotten a sore neck a time or two with that hydrofoil!  Or is that there just for looks?  

Edited by TallRedRider

Thats a great looking boat with a very neutral color scheme that would appeal to a lot of folks.  I'd clean her up, and list it for higher than you think you could get.  If you get a bite then upgrade. If you don't then keep going.

• Like 3