Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

video

windy1

At 57 I generally take one wakeboard set and one-two surf sets. I still prefer wakeboarding by far but, well, I am 57 with two good knees that I prefer to keep intact. I no longer go upside down and pretty much just do toe and heel w-w 180's and surface 3's. I tell my son that as long as it's still fun I will go any time we can get a crew together. Our crew usually ranges from age 22 to age 65 (he still wakeboards) It's still fun. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ryan1776 said:

Many years ago, I wanted to book a week long trip to "The Boarding School" I  really didn't have the money but I was single. I should have done it. Thrown it on a CC and paid it off later. Would have been 100% worth it. I'd do anything to lay down a pass like @windy1 kid can do. I'm hoping to take lessons from Chris Laske this summer. (Mike Dowdys instructor, or old instructor) 

Enjoy it! Gonna be a blast. 

I went to "The Boarding School" for spring break my junior year of college.   It was still Murray and Moye with Kyle Rattray then.   It was a great time.   Cost was a lot for a college kid, but totally worth it.  We drove down from NJ to save on money.  After never going to a "real" boardshop, a trip to Performance was also awesome back then.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, PaulH86 said:

I went to "The Boarding School" for spring break my junior year of college.   It was still Murray and Moye with Kyle Rattray then.   It was a great time.   Cost was a lot for a college kid, but totally worth it.  We drove down from NJ to save on money.  After never going to a "real" boardshop, a trip to Performance was also awesome back then.

DAMN!! I've met Parks, Chad Sharpe many times, both guys are awesome. Met Harley, JD Webb, Rusty; still haven't met Murray would have been an amazing time to ride with those guys. 

Did you progress a lot during that week? Kick myself for not doing it. 

I did and also did not progress a lot that week.   The problem with not riding all winter and then riding 3-4 times a day 5 days in a row is you get pretty sore pretty quickly.

Those guys did a good job coaching and taking a lot of the bad habits out of you, and picking up a some new tricks.  And then eventually you have nothing left. Doing a camp in the summer would have been more beneficial, or one day a week, etc.   But it was still a great time.

Having Murray do a Raley over you is always a good time.

The video in this thread has me wanting to ride.  Its 72 here today, but will get cold tomorrow.

• Like 2

@windy1 I just watched that video and the entire time I'm like damn that looks just like the Verdigris river.  I've ridden out there many times and agree it's always amazing water.  I haven't been out there since getting my Malibu.  I'm assuming you put in where the University of Tulsa crew team has their stuff?  Do you have any problems getting out that small opening to the channel in the Malibu?  My first boat was an I/O and we just raised the outdrive to get through but I've been hesitant to try it in the bu. Great video and amazing riding!

Yes, Rogers point with the TU rowers. The entrance is silting in a bit but it's soft mud so it stays as deep as our prop. It is shallow but we have never had a problem and only shallow for a few feet. Between us a few other wake boats and a bunch of fisherman it stays clear enough. I honestly don't know why more people don't ride the river. The channel is deep, it's the perfect width, protected from the wind and even on holiday weekends we rarely see another wake boat. If we do see another boat we usually know them.

We should be starting early April depending on weather. you are welcome to join us.

• Like 1

Man, great wake boarding it the coolest to be around and watch.   I pretty much suck but we have a few good riders in our crew and I love towing them across the water while other boats ooh and ahh at their riding.    Nice video and even better riding!

• 1 month later...

WOW Nice riding and for a while now I feel like I'm the old guy (44) that is still wakeboarding and a good 4-6 inverts in me and working on the Whirly and Indy Glide now.  My parents live on Lake Eufaula about 1 hour south of you I think.  I pull my VLX down there once a year, but nobody to ever ride with.  I can't stand surfing since I grewup to the real deal in Hawaii.  Glad to see someone stomping it hard and that water!!!!!  That is a slice of heaven!