Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

video

windy1

Had this up earlier but got pulled for additional editing. This is the final cut of a video my son has been working on. This was shot on Labor Day weekend so you can why we ride here. No crowd ever.

we are lucky to have such a riding spot here in Tulsa. The funny thing is I tell everyone how great it is yet they all choose to fight the crowds at the big lakes. between myself and Justinosu we are on the river 3-5 times a week and its by far the closest ramp to my house. this place would still be great with 10 boats running up and down the river.

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, windy1 said:

Season is coming up fast so I thought I would bump this for fun

Oh man! Well done!!! His wirly's and tantrum to blinds are on point!!!! :rockon: Plus a Crow mobe..... killer. 

2 things....

• SO HAPPY to see someone wakeboarding
  • When can he come give me lessons!!! :yes:
  • Like 2

That looks like an awesome place to ride.  Straight, no docks or property owners to bug, no other boats.  Obviously nice riding as well.  Love to see more wakeboarding!

17 hours ago, windy1 said:

Season is coming up fast so I thought I would bump this for fun

I’ll never do what you do but It really stoked me for wake school at end of month in south Florida

1 hour ago, Ryan1776 said:

Oh man! Well done!!! His wirly's and tantrum to blinds are on point!!!! :rockon: Plus a Crow mobe..... killer. 

2 things....

• SO HAPPY to see someone wakeboarding
  • When can he come give me lessons!!! :yes:

Yea, guys half my age exclusively surf, whole bad a** wakeboats chock full of young dudes and girls , NOBODY RIDES, they don’t even have a board or skate in the racks!

3 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Yea, guys half my age exclusively surf, whole bad a** wakeboats chock full of young dudes and girls , NOBODY RIDES, they don’t even have a board or skate in the racks!

:lol: I know! I see it all the time. I had a quote a long time ago on a long died (to me) forum, "wakeboarder" "Every time I see an 80 thousand dollar Wakesetter pulling a tuber, I die inside" 

I still see that a lot. I still wakeboard. Two knee braces and torn ACL later....I still charge the wake. I suck. But I enjoy it. 

What school are you going to??

Edited by Ryan1776
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

:lol: I know! I see it all the time. I had a quote a long time ago on a long died (to me) forum, "wakeboarder" "Every time I see an 80 thousand dollar Wakesetter pulling a tuber, I die inside" 

I still see that a lot. I still wakeboard. Two knee braces and torn ACL later....I still charge the wake. I suck. But I enjoy it. 

What school are you going to??

Primarily LTS (Lavelle) but also Wakeboard Naples, Miami Wake, possibly Gator Bait

im a boat whore, I want to ride and skate and surf and foil them all

Edited by granddaddy55
3 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Primarily LTS (Lavelle) but also Wakeboard Naples, Miami Wake, possibly Gator Bait

im a boat whore, I want to ride and skate and surf and foil them all

Many years ago, I wanted to book a week long trip to "The Boarding School" I  really didn't have the money but I was single. I should have done it. Thrown it on a CC and paid it off later. Would have been 100% worth it. I'd do anything to lay down a pass like @windy1 kid can do. I'm hoping to take lessons from Chris Laske this summer. (Mike Dowdys instructor, or old instructor) 

Enjoy it! Gonna be a blast. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

I still see that a lot. I still wakeboard. Two knee braces and torn ACL later....I still charge the wake. I suck. But I enjoy it

Me two trashy left knee from reconstruction in 1985 and butterfly fracturing my same femur in 2015 (flow rider not boat) ,  2 1/2 years to go w2w again 

wife and I will be celebrating our 60 and 58 year birthdays at wake school in 28th and 29th

Edited by granddaddy55
1 minute ago, granddaddy55 said:

Me two trashy left leg from reconstruction in 1985 and butterfly fracturing my same femur in 2015 (flow rider not boat) ,  2 1/2 years to go w2w again 

wife and I will be celebrating our 60 and 58 year birthdays at wake school in 28th and 29th

oh a flow rider?!?! holy hell. Damn man. 

Happy birthdays!!!  That'll be a great trip! I turn 40 this summer I never want anything more than some cold brew and time on the boat, maybe I'll work on a wakeboard trip >)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ryan1776 said:

oh a flow rider?!?! holy hell. Damn man. 

Happy birthdays!!!  That'll be a great trip! I turn 40 this summer I never want anything more than some cold brew and time on the boat, maybe I'll work on a wakeboard trip >)

Come join us at Lavelle in Ft Lauderdale , he has a flop house for overnight stay , his water is already 80 degrees, we will have our truck driving down from New Orleans so we can pick you up at airport snd we will drive to the other schools 

wakeboard Naples run by Nick is a current regular podium Pro , will be doing double ups and driving to him after morning sess at Lavelle a couple of days

wake Miami has a great surf foil and so does Nick

spring break 3/27-4/2

2 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Come join us at Lavelle in Ft Lauderdale , he has a flop house for overnight stay , his water is already 80 degrees, we will have our truck driving down from New Orleans so we can pick you up at airport snd we will drive to the other schools 

wakeboard Naples run by Nick is a current regular podium Pro , will be doing double ups and driving to him after morning sess at Lavelle a couple of days

wake Miami has a great surf foil and so does Nick

spring break 3/27-4/2

Oh I wish! Sounds like a blast! Have a great time!