Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior Speakers Cutting out

Malibuckeye

So a couple of times now I've had all speakers other than the towers cut out.  When I look at the amps one has the malibu logo flashing red, which I'm guessing is a sign it's in some kind of protect mode or something.  Each time a shut down and restart of the stereo seems to fix it.  

What should I be looking for?  

My 2017 23 LSV did that at first all the time. I had my dealer look at it and it still did it, but once I put the auto volume on it could handle the power. Try putting the bar to the left about half way up or even more. I love this option; it gives my stereo more punch too. It is the one that turns the volume up and down as you throttle and whenever I get in other boats, it annoys me if the music volume doesn't go down when the driver powers down. I use the auto volume all the time now and my interior speakers only shut off once in a while. But try turning up the auto volume and it should solve this problem and give your stereo more punch too.

23 hours ago, COOP said:

If you power cycle do they come back on? Also, count the flashes. The sequence will be an amp diagnostic code.

Yes it seems to come back after a restart.  I've crawled around and checked both the amp side and the batteries and everything seems tightly connected.  Going to have the dealer check it out when I give it to them for winter storage.  

Is there some reference somewhere on these amps that would indicate what the flashes mean?  Who manufactures them for Malibu?

My 18 LSV did that all weekend Labor day weekend but last weekend never cut out one time. Mine would be out every time we turned engine off then restarted it.  Had to power down stereo then power back up. worked every time.

• 1 year later...

Bringing up an old thread... Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? In my 2018 VLX, I have the same problem. Interior Speakers always drop out if they are running while the engine is off and then I start the engine. The towers stay running through it though. Doesn't matter volume, time its been on, temperature etc. Seems to be the draw of power to start the engine throws the amp into low voltage protect mode.... Once engine is running, I power down the stereo and back on, they come right back.

Also this happened on the Malibu OEM Wetsounds amp as well as the SYN DX6 I replaced it with. I know connections are tight as I just hooked the amp up. 

Any Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

It is a common bug in the newer stereos. I have been running on both batteries when engine is off and stereo on just to satisfy my curiosity. Interiors have not been lost that way. On 1 battery after extended engine off listening is when it croaks.

I posted on the last thread, but....Check the connections on your batteries and make sure your battery position switch is on the cranking battery.  My cranking battery is position 2.  When I was running on position 1 which was the marine deep cell, my interior speakers and sub would cut off, and the the amp would flash a code.  Since I changed the switch and operate off the cranking battery while out and restarting the engine, the stereo gremlin has left......

1 minute ago, DwayneE said:

I posted on the last thread, but....Check the connections on your batteries and make sure your battery position switch is on the cranking battery.  My cranking battery is position 2.  When I was running on position 1 which was the marine deep cell, my interior speakers and sub would cut off, and the the amp would flash a code.  Since I changed the switch and operate off the cranking battery while out and restarting the engine, the stereo gremlin has left......

Dealer puts in 2 deep cycle batteries here.

I would have them change one...the engine draw on the marine deep cycles seem to be enough to put the amp in protection mode. I figured mine out 1st week of May and not a single amp issue since.