Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Do wake boats run if the speakers are off?

UWSkier

Was on your side till you said it was not a house ringed lake. No one owns the lake! Be happy like you said it is unusual for them to be out there. 

• Like 3

I love rding to music and rarely get to do it latley with the baby on board, that being said early morning riding is best done with no music.  Even though the boat is loud i feel like I can still hear/feel the peace and quiet. 

On a unrelated/related note I feel like my auto volume progressively increases my volume with every stop start.  I will have my volume at 0 and after a while end up having to turn the music down.  So there may actually be some truth to the thread title. 

I usually don't use  tower speakers until 9:30 or so.  I did break the rule last weekend by playing "Africa" around 9:00.  I don't think that anyone could be mad at me for that one...

12 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

I usually don't use  tower speakers until 9:30 or so.  I did break the rule last weekend by playing "Africa" around 9:00.  I don't think that anyone could be mad at me for that one...

Agreed.  I'm strictly Hall and Oates before 9:00 a.m.

• Like 2

I'm all for folks using tower speakers but when you have fishermen, kayakers, SUPers, campers, all in earshot, 6 bells is a bit early if you're trying to be a decent sport about ensuring your fun doesn't wreck the morning for others.  (for the record, my morning was fine until they both decided the small cove we were skiing to avoid sending rollers their way needed to be churned up)

• Like 2

I totally agree that rocking the f out at the crack of dawn is annoying ...

Now about the guy that decided to zig zag his tuber through my 9:00 a.m. glass yesterday (when there was a whole lake he could've been doing that on)...

• Like 3
18 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

Now about the guy that decided to zig zag his tuber through my 9:00 a.m. glass yesterday (when there was a whole lake he could've been doing that on)...

Went out this morning, had two of the nicest, glassiest sets of the entire year, and boat back in garage drying out by 8:05.  Gotta be the early bird to beat the tooberz and lake lice!  :)

• Like 2
19 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I thought that crap only happened to me.

1 hour ago, Malibuzer said:

There is only one Africa!   Toto!

33 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

This!! 

But remember... who is the lead singer for weezer? 

RIVERS!!!! :yahoo:

41 minutes ago, Kojak said:

I thought that crap only happened to me.

Oh no, not just you.  I was surfing and my wife was driving. When I started there were only a few boats out, mostly fishing.  My wife was making a big turn to go back the other direction and also going well around an anchored boat fishing.  Then a tuber cut right across her path.  My wife panicked and pulled the throttle back causing me to just miss the back of the boat.  Common sense isn't so common with some boaters sometimes. Alot of times it is the parents pulling the kids tubing and putting the kids in danger by not paying attention to the boats around them.  Especially when there is plenty room to go around instead of through.

image.png.9be22b971599d5453e250e8235521b58.png

1 hour ago, Malibuzer said:

There is only one Africa!   Toto!

I was at the Notre Dame football game this past Saturday and the band played Africa at halftime.  The students loved it!

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

This reminds me. Couple weeks ago in Kelowna went out surfing at 7:30 we got some faces from the skiers:lol:

No surprise.  Hope you found a path to share water without sending surf waves their way.  Surf waves will ruin a ski set.  Ski waves aren't even noticeable for a surfer.

The lake we ride here has lots of turns and bends.  We've had luck motoring up to people and saying "you take that arm, we'll take this arm and if we both turn before the arms meet, we'll never see each-other's waves."

Be kind to each other out there and it's amazing how much more enjoyable it is for all.

*steps down from soapbox*

• Like 4
1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

toto or weezer?

Am I the only one that is completely sick of hearing the Weezer version of Africa???  It seems like its played at least twice an hour and every time it comes on the radio I switch stations.  

27 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

No surprise.  Hope you found a path to share water without sending surf waves their way.  Surf waves will ruin a ski set.  Ski waves aren't even noticeable for a surfer.

The lake we ride here has lots of turns and bends.  We've had luck motoring up to people and saying "you take that arm, we'll take this arm and if we both turn before the arms meet, we'll never see each-other's waves."

Be kind to each other out there and it's amazing how much more enjoyable it is for all.

Yea we always try our best to avoid the skiers. Okanagan is huge and when there is only 4 boats you never notice. 

Focused on surfing this year but last year I did I ton of skiing and having a flat course is so crucial. 

On my home lake I never surf near the course unless none of the skiers are around or it’s super windy. 

25 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Two things:  first, there is some MASSIVE Malibu that tends to surf right down the middle of our lake at 6:30 - 7 AM most days.  At least he goes in a straight line so you only have to wait about 15 minutes for the wakes to pass.  Secondly, we have a sorta bay (lots of the lakes in BC are long and narrow) that we use when winds are up.  And there, if you get in early you can get some sets.  The other day we were up at zero dark thirty and there was a Nautique with three skiers slaloming.  Cool I thought - but when we tried to work in a rotation they got all pissy.  Of course they were stopping constantly at the ends so you think a couple minutes to allow another boat to work in would be okay.  You would be wrong.  Whatever.  I think there are really no skills or manners left any more.  Back in the day we had way more boats on much less water and everyone understood.  Not any more.  Every dog and his biatch has a boat and they think they own the lake.  Of course those things pale to the tubers at 7:30 AM  - I kid you not.