Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picked up a 3/8 ton?

oldjeep

Picked up 1/2 of a Chevy C20 last night as a utility trailer.  The oldest kid has a lot of construction projects coming up and I really don't want to fill the bed of my new pickup with gravel, so for $100 a rusty 3/4 ton bed will do just fine.  Figure over the winter I'll pull the bed off and get everything painted up a little better.  I've got a nice, aluminum track mounted ladder rack sitting in the shop, so I'll get rid of the steel one that is on there and have something easily removable.

IMAG0494.jpg

Edited by oldjeep
1 hour ago, Falko said:

Ram guy: "Only way that old chevy can haul is to have a Ram pull it around"

Chevy guy: "New Ram needs an old chevy back there to push it"

Good idea though, no need to re-do the rocks in the bed commercial.

I hauled a lot of rock in my 09, but it was a few years old by then - and this tonneau is a bigger pain to completely remove than the last one.  I'm still in the short lived be nice to the truck phase.

The paint job is sweet.  Appears to be exterior house paint.

Edited by oldjeep
1 hour ago, Falko said:

When I was a kid, my dad painted his '68 Chevy C10 with a brush and roller using green rustoleum paint. Some things you are just better forgetting...

That is how I painted both of these jeeps.  Foam roller and rustoleum implement paint

carb%20013.jpg

PA190004.JPG

On 9/10/2018 at 12:36 PM, Falko said:

When I was a kid, my dad painted his '68 Chevy C10 with a brush and roller using green rustoleum paint. Some things you are just better forgetting...

Pops did same on a 75 Nova and a 73 GMC, I had to drive both!