Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Locked out of my VLX

Snrizedstr

I have a predicament, with my dealer and no others open today to solve it for me.

I was supposed to take my grandkids for a cruise today with the destination being Old Sacramento. I thought it might be a good idea to have more than the factory 1234 passcode so I set out to put a new one in.

The long and short of this is whatever code is in the Maliviews brain now is not what I put in and the factory 1234 doesn't work either, I'm locked out. The only good part of this is I never left the driveway, my wife wanted me to do it when we docked in Sac but I'm glad I have an obedience problem.

Can anyone tell me how to remedy this, I can get ahold of Malibu or the dealer tomorrow but have a ski date tomorrow and would like to keep it if possible.

I realize this could be touchy info but I really am the owner, if no one feels comfortable responding I will understand for obvious reason.

The center screen is on, the lower screen is on the code entry display.

The starter operates but the engine does not start.

Kill switch is in the run position.

It seems to me I have used the key before without entering the code but can't positively recall the scenario under which it took place. The manual is pretty vague on a lot of things in my opinion.

Thanks for the ideas.

Edited by Snrizedstr
19 minutes ago, Snrizedstr said:

The center screen is on, the lower screen is on the code entry display.

The starter operates but the engine does not start.

Kill switch is in the run position.

It seems to me I have used the key before without entering the code but can't positively recall the scenario under which it took place. The manual is pretty vague on a lot of things in my opinion.

Thanks for the ideas.

The key is for when the keypad wont work.  If the key won't start it then something else is wrong 

I haven't cured the pass code predicament yet but there was indeed something else wrong with the boat.

It's know as low fuel...the angle of my driveway was apparently to steep for fuel to be at the tank pick up. I pushed the boat back into the garage which is level and thought about the probability of such a scenario this evening and went out to try the key again. It fired right up.

I have wanted to let the tank run down so I could take a full tanks advantage of the injector cleaner I had put in.

At least I'm going skiing tomorrow and I certainly appreciate your responses!!

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...

How do you do a factory reset? 

I set a personalize code which has worked fine for 2 years.  Went out today and after I enter it is gives me ERR.....

Dealer never gave me a key...they have a new ign switch waiting to install so I have a key but this seems like a pain.

• 11 months later...