Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterize 2003 Monsoon

That is pretty slick. Ive been thinking about adding the Flush Pro, waste a lot of water using the fake a lake, and im always worried about spilling AF when pouring it in the hoses. I like it! Thanks

Nice boat! Mine is yellow as well, with black accents.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, KDCr7 said:

That is pretty slick. Ive been thinking about adding the Flush Pro, waste a lot of water using the fake a lake, and im always worried about spilling AF when pouring it in the hoses. I like it! Thanks

Nice boat! Mine is yellow as well, with black accents.

Thanks! It isn't terrible to add the Flush Pro, just make sure you get the "updated" version that has the SS band around the center holding the two halves together. The previous model was just screwed together with tiny screws into plastic. Problem was if they came apart, then your boat could take on water and possibly sink!. Thus the ball valve. I installed a ball valve just after the fresh water intake just in case the Flush Pro ever gave up for some reason. No issues at all with it. Makes for a pretty quick and clean winterization. After you run AF all through the motor and it comes up to temperature where the thermostat opens, just run it for a few more minutes. After that, shut down the motor. You can drain it or leave it in all winter. I've done both and haven't had issues either way.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:50 AM, WoodyBC said:

This is my winterization set up. Flush pro valve makes it pretty easy if you are an AF’er. 

Drain water

Hook up hose and pvc pipes to capture AF

Plug in pump and start engine. Let run past 160* for a few minutes

Shut down engine,  R&R oil and filter. 

Done. 

How many gallons of antifreeze were you recirculating?  I suppose the engine warms up fast once warm antifreeze starts getting pumped back into it.

1 hour ago, mackie12 said:

same procedure here........however, you forgot to sit in seat, drink beer and monitor.....

Like the sound of that...I'm installing one

3 hours ago, WoodyBC said:

Thanks! It isn't terrible to add the Flush Pro, just make sure you get the "updated" version that has the SS band around the center holding the two halves together. The previous model was just screwed together with tiny screws into plastic. Problem was if they came apart, then your boat could take on water and possibly sink!. Thus the ball valve. I installed a ball valve just after the fresh water intake just in case the Flush Pro ever gave up for some reason. No issues at all with it. Makes for a pretty quick and clean winterization. After you run AF all through the motor and it comes up to temperature where the thermostat opens, just run it for a few more minutes. After that, shut down the motor. You can drain it or leave it in all winter. I've done both and haven't had issues either way.

I didn't know about the updated version. I'll make sure thats the one I pick up

3 hours ago, minnmarker said:

How many gallons of antifreeze were you recirculating?  I suppose the engine warms up fast once warm antifreeze starts getting pumped back into it.

7 gallons does the trick. Keeps some in the bucket to keep the sump from running dry. Yes it heats up quickly as it continue to warm. Idle it for about 5 minutes and give it at least one throttle love rev just to keep my grin satisfied for the winter lay up. Love that sound!

4 hours ago, mackie12 said:

same procedure here........however, you forgot to sit in seat, drink beer and monitor.....

Great observation sir.  Left that part out in case some well trained minors were following my procedures verbatim.  😉