Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Most important factors in a crossover boat?

TTUWATERSKI

Which is going to be a better crossover wakeboard/ski boat?

IRide

VTX with the diamond hull?

LSV20 with the diamond hull?

Will the diamond hull negate the 500 more pounds that the VTX and LSV are than the IRide?

Is the hull design as important as weight and engine placement?

Can you get the IRide with the diamond hull or is their a model similar to the IRide that has the diamond Hull?

I currently have a RLXI and I know that it has the best slalom performance, but it takes a long time to change between wakeboarding and skiing because there are no ballast tanks.

Nothing like the I-ride with a diamond hull, between the VTX and the I ride I have no clue which will have a better skiing wake, but the VTX will have more ballest options and a nicer layout.

Which is going to be a better crossover wakeboard/ski boat?

IRide

VTX with the diamond hull?

LSV20 with the diamond hull?

Will the diamond hull negate the 500 more pounds that the VTX and LSV are than the IRide?

Is the hull design as important as weight and engine placement?

Can you get the IRide with the diamond hull or is their a model similar to the IRide that has the diamond Hull?

I currently have a RLXI and I know that it has the best slalom performance, but it takes a long time to change between wakeboarding and skiing because there are no ballast tanks.

It would help if you could list what you want out of a crossover boat. What percentage of boarding to skiing? Do you run the course? Surfing? Anything else? How much of an emphasis do you & your crew place on comfort & ergonomics (this speaks to a direct drive vs vdrive layout)? How important is a lot of ballast to you?

VTX & LSV 20s on the diamond hull will essentially be the same boat, the only difference being in the trim & gel schemes. The Wakesetter version will come with the ballast tanks in the floor, tower, etc. so that might be a better choice if you want those things. None of the Ride boats are available on the Diamond hull as a normal order option (although I suppose if you know someone it might be possible). As for the rest, I think that you should drive them, ski them, board them to decide for yourself. Speculation is all you'll have right now since there are no reports as of yet that anyone has taken delivery on a diamond hull LSV or VTX. I wouldn't pay that much for any boat based on someone else's "speculation" on what it should be able to do. But if I had to "speculate", I'd guess that the Wakesetter VTX built on the new Cut Diamond hull will outperform the IRide as a crossover boat. JMO

Guess I should explain my situation. I am the president of the Texas Tech Wakeboard/Waterski Team. We probably have a 5 to 1 ratio of riders to skiers, but our cosigner is a hard core slalom guy. It is really hard to find someone who is willing to cosign on a boat that has constantly changing membership and a lot of different users. I like to buy boats with good slalom performance to keep the cosigner happy.

What would be perfect for us is a LXI, but in a Vdrive configuration with the MLS system and power wedge. I was thinking that the VTX or LSV with a diamond hull would be sort of like this except for weighing 500 more pounds than the LXI.

Having the internal ballast and wedge allows you to switch much more quickly than if you have to mess with sacks. I have been filling fat sacks for 10 years and am really tierd of it.

I am an advanced wakeboarder and have no problem riding behind a LXI with a 700 pound sack in the rear with the wedge and a 500 pound sack in the front. This amount of weight really does well in the LXI and only bruns $5 worth of gas per 20 minute set.

The cosigner only skis a few times a month, but when he does he wants a very small bump. I guess wer are always at odds with what we want in a boat.

If the LXI had any ballast tanks in it that would be my choice, but this is not the case.

IF you are willing to consider a used boat? I am looking to sell a 2004 Sunsetter 21XTI it is on the SV23 Diamond hull. If you have any interest let me know and I can get you the details.

John

Buy a VLX for the the wakeboarders (ratio) just make sure the cosigner only skis behind it when it is low on fuel. If he complains about the wake tell him you had no idea and that the "guys online" said it had a good slalom wake....