Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 22LSV thoughts

Ifinallygota21v

I got the chance to surf the new 22 LSV last night, lake was almost white capped so I could wakeboard.  Had 3 in the boat with full ballast and plug and play.  New vinyl and foam are a nice upgrade.  Wakeview seating is easy to use and, in my opinion, a must.  The new driver seat is super comfortable.  The boat feels like the 23LSV in size.  Boat had the standard PCM motor was a lot quieter and ran at lower rpms than the raptor i have in my 22VLX (both with torque prop).  I wont be ordering the rear flip down steps but this boat had them.  It had the docking cam but wasn’t working, i want to see if it will useful when surfing and a lot of bow rise.  There is storage for days under the seats and the front access into the observers seat is great.  I hope to get out again this weekend, if the weather cooperates.  Let me know if you have any questions

7 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

By flip down steps, do you mean on the platform?  Can you get a pic of that?

I think he’s referring to these (pics below). Malibu calls them “Interior Flip Down Entry/Exit Seats” and they are $1,150 MSRP in 2019

520BFF94-ECAB-4CED-B0E6-D66F7D496411.jpeg

EF73810E-83CE-43B5-8BB1-9CEA5C98C374.jpeg

• Like 2
On 9/7/2018 at 10:47 AM, IXFE said:

I think he’s referring to these (pics below). Malibu calls them “Interior Flip Down Entry/Exit Seats” and they are $1,150 MSRP in 2019

520BFF94-ECAB-4CED-B0E6-D66F7D496411.jpeg

EF73810E-83CE-43B5-8BB1-9CEA5C98C374.jpeg

Absolutely love this feature!

Seems crazy to me that they offer interior step pads but they aren't useful when using the transom walk through???  Even if you load in a zig zag fashion, I don't think I could stomach the $1150 price tag.

20 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Yeah, except my kids would use the middle seat; the steps would remain untouched!

Good point, I would say that after a month mine are used about 75% of the time even when using the walk through.  Not too bad and that is a significant reduction in amount of wear and tear on the seats.

Edited by Chappy

Those flip down steps are awesome when people climb in from the side when you are tied at a dock, but they are a bit awkward if you are coming in from the back.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chantel said:

Those flip down steps are awesome when people climb in from the side when you are tied at a dock, but they are a bit awkward if you are coming in from the back.

Exactly.  I use them all the time for loading and unloading the boat when tied up to the dock.  Nice save on the seats when you're hauling in stuff and not such a drop down.  

Would I pay $1,000 for them?  Nope.  Mine were $250 on a misquote.  :-)

• Like 3

Expensive?  Yes, but check the options list.  Everything is dang near $750 and up these days.  Truthfully the real cost on them was like $900 at the time.  Given the big billet brackets and more intricate seat cover design, with additional labor it's going to be $1,000.  

Worth it?  Again, probably not, but they're more useful to me than underwater lights...

Edited by tjklein
typo
15 hours ago, tjklein said:

Worth it?  Again, probably not, but they're more useful to me than underwater lights...

Good point, almost nothing on these boats is "worth it". IMO, the $9K 575, $10K power tower and $12K bow thruster are not worth it but I am sure others would disagree so to each his own. One of the reasons I  went with Malibu was specifically for the flip down seats, we love them and that are still very useful stepping out the back, and they are a better solution that the stupid pads on the sunpad and seats in the 2018 LSV!

Edited by Chappy
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, tjklein said:

Expensive?  Yes, but check the options list.  Everything is dang near $750 and up these days.  Truthfully the real cost on them was like $900 at the time.  Given the big billet brackets and more intricate seat cover design, with additional labor it's going to be $1,000.  

Yeah we only use the underwater lights a few times a year, but the times w do they may end up being the best part of the boat.  Night surfing is impossible without them, and tied up tot he HB in powell boat partying at night is great watching animal kingdom in the underwater lights.  The blue ones make the lake feel like a big pool