Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to Ride this fall WI, IL

Javi

I am in Madison, WI area and everything is flooded with the non-stop rain. All lakes have been no-wake twice this season and this last ordinance seems like it will last for a long time. I'm looking online to try to see if other lakes not that far away are also no-wake. Does anyone know where I can find this info. I might just call the DNR and see what they say. Currently all lakes around us are flooded and have the ordinance. Next closest would be koshkonong or down by Geneva and Fox lake. Anyone know if those are locked down too?

Silver Lake in Wautoma is no wake.  I heard till it turns to ice.

I haven't heard anything about the Wolf River near Fremont.  I bet that is open to speed.

As far as I know, Tichigan in Waterford does not have any restrictions. The Fox River flows through it, makes for some nice free skiing runs.

Rain is causing havoc from pretty much Montello on down.

Park lake in Pardeeville would work, maybe Swan too. This time of year no one during the week. Weekend can be spotty.

Wolf River is my home water. It's wide open. We went from being almost too low to late spring levels now.  On a calm day, Poygan can be fun. If you come up here, let me know. Closer to New London, the boat landing is a mile from my house. There are some nice spots there too, if fishing is not prime.

I think Beaver Dam is no wake now, but should be ski able starting Monday.

I would think the Upper Dells area, but don't know for sure.

Also Green Lake.

If it isn't Green, you probably can't go on it with a wake.

Screenshot_1.png.8f4b360da87b97d3e31bfdcdff8be0e4.png

Edited by footndale

Thanks for the feedback. A friend was in castlerock but that can get busy. I guess all the options require a decent drive. I will need to do a quick checkup on my trailer this weekend! Where did that image come from?