Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 lsv surf setup ?

JMVOTTO

don't get me wrong I love the wave , just want it more rpm efficiency and avoid the bow rise as much without sacrificing wave.

run full HT , rear middle bow.

770 rear PNP

200 lbs lead in bow

240 lbs lead mid ship

100 lead under rears seats

run 10.9 mph  wedge 3 clicks down from stow  turning around 4k in rpms  

3 four people in the boat

any input would be great

Ben_Joe_surf.JPG

We have ours dialed in really well. Our 2017 23 lsv has 200 hours on it, we use the Acme 2277 prop and we think the wave is great. We fill all the  ballast and the rear 750 pnp's nearly full. We also put a 600 bag in the walkway and place it as close to the bow as possible. I prefer 10.8 mph with 2-3 clics below lift while my son likes the same set up, but rides at 11.2 mph. We tried putting more weight in th bow, but it just held the bow down and in one place. We like the weight in the aisle because as we change the wedge, the bow will rise or fall changing the length of the wave. 

Pretty simple...just fill and put about 600 lbs in the aisle. We change the weight slightly some more adults but the metrics stay the same. 

I have the 270 bow hard tank with 200lb lead  maybe  move the 100 under the rear seats to the bow

forgot  2249 prop  15 x14.25

715 feet above sea level

Edited by JMVOTTO
5 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

We have ours dialed in really well. Our 2017 23 lsv has 200 hours on it, we use the Acme 2277 prop and we think the wave is great. We fill all the  ballast and the rear 750 pnp's nearly full. We also put a 600 bag in the walkway and place it as close to the bow as possible. I prefer 10.8 mph with 2-3 clics below lift while my son likes the same set up, but rides at 11.2 mph. We tried putting more weight in th bow, but it just held the bow down and in one place. We like the weight in the aisle because as we change the wedge, the bow will rise or fall changing the length of the wave. 

Pretty simple...just fill and put about 600 lbs in the aisle. We change the weight slightly some more adults but the metrics stay the same. 

What RPMs do you get with that setup?

5 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

2 minutes ago, JMVOTTO said:

I have the 250 bow hard tank with 200lb  maybe ai more the 100 under the rear seats to the bow

forgot  2249 prop  15 x14.25

715 feet above sea level

You need the Acme 2277. It will make a ton of difference.  It will bring up your top speed and lower your rpms to about 3500. We ride at 1100 feet.

• Like 1

I also use the 2277. If you really want to lower RPMs that may be the route to go. I'm a similar elevation and can wakeboard heavy with the 2277 no problem.

Putting additional weight in the bow, in addition to tank, will help.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, JMVOTTO said:

is the 2279 right in between the two

It is the same size 15" x 15.75", but has a different cup. I am not sure whether the cup size is higher or lower, but it will not be a significant difference.