Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Paging IXFE - 23 vs 25 LSV

hethj7

@IXFE  Perhaps I have missed it, but if not, I'd be interested in why you went from a 25 LSV to a 23 LSV this year and now have a 25 LSV coming for next season?   I'm not looking for reviews persay as we've seen all those, but as someone that may consider a 25LSV, I'm curious why you are switching models again.    

You can never have too much room, so a 25 LSV looks appealing, but for me, it may also mean different lift, tow vehicle, etc. and I'm not sure I want to take all that on.    Did you sell your other 25 just as easy as you do the 23 each year?

22 hours ago, hethj7 said:

@IXFE  Perhaps I have missed it, but if not, I'd be interested in why you went from a 25 LSV to a 23 LSV this year and now have a 25 LSV coming for next season?   I'm not looking for reviews persay as we've seen all those, but as someone that may consider a 25LSV, I'm curious why you are switching models again.    

You can never have too much room, so a 25 LSV looks appealing, but for me, it may also mean different lift, tow vehicle, etc. and I'm not sure I want to take all that on.    Did you sell your other 25 just as easy as you do the 23 each year?

Sorry for the delay in my response... pm sent

On 9/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, hethj7 said:

To answer your question briefly, I went back to the 23 mainly because I went into 2018 with a buyer already identified who wanted a 23.  In fact he wanted smaller but I was able to talk him up a bit.  No way was he going 25.  I was also interested myself in trying the new model.  That said, I still prefer the 25 and I had ZERO issue selling it. 

Get the 25.  You won't regret it.    

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Nice write up!! Would the Raptor tow the 25LSV??

You’ve got enough torque, enough weight, and and enough wheelbase. To @teamerickson‘s point, your only issue is rear end sag. That said...

I honestly believe the Raptor with rear air bags would be as good as any other F-150 Eco and better than a 1/2 ton SUV. 

Edited by IXFE
33 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Great write up!

I am not a huge fan of towing the 23 with the F150 and if I go 25LSV, am pretty certain I would want a 3/4 ton.  

We upgraded last year to a ‘17 F-250 Powerstroke... the 25 is still worth it!!

57 minutes ago, IXFE said:

We upgraded last year to a ‘17 F-250 Powerstroke... the 25 is still worth it!!

That is my problem.  Not sure I can or should shell out the coin in a single year for a new truck and boat.  But I must admit, I think about it a lot and usually when that starts, I can only hold out so long.  

Edited by hethj7
2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Great write up!

I am not a huge fan of towing the 23 with the F150 and if I go 25LSV, am pretty certain I would want a 3/4 ton.  

My 2015 and my New 2018 F150 3.5 Eco boost pulls our 23 LSV  amazingly well! it has great power and defiantly does not push it around at all.  Now A 25 might be another thing. 

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

Get the 25.  You won't regret it.    

I loved my 23 LSV this year but the 25 LSV is really tempting since I keep hearing how good the new 25 LSV wave is from everyone who's been on or behind it. Doesn't sound like there will be one around here to demo until late October though. I can list the 23 a bit to get a good regular side wave but I'm always interested in anything that improves the wave on that side.

Ugh, you and others on here have already cost me so much $. Just a few years ago I thought my 99 Ski Centurion was awesome...

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, NWBU said:

Ugh, you and others on here have already cost me so much $. Just a few years ago I thought my 99 Ski Centurion was awesome...

And it was at the time.  Now think how much awesomer the 25lsv will be. 

Edited by ID AX
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, ID AX said:

And it was at the time.  Now think how much awesomer the 25lsv will be. 

Right, degrees of awesomeness are so relative.

I already have the truck and shop space for it, so it could happen. But I need to play with colors to see how it would look with the new gel design.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NWBU said:

Right, degrees of awesomeness are so relative.

I already have the truck and shop space for it, so it could happen. But I need to play with colors to see how it would look with the new gel design.

The classic gel scheme is really nice on the new 25.  It allows yo to get away from the chopped up lines that the aggressive scheme has (which is the one that everyone has see in the pics so far). I have a feeling there are gonna be some really nice builds. 

1 minute ago, SCMike said:

The classic gel scheme is really nice on the new 25.  It allows yo to get away from the chopped up lines that the aggressive scheme has (which is the one that everyone has see in the pics so far). I have a feeling there are gonna be some really nice builds. 

That’s very interesting. By classic, do you mean similar to the 23 lines, or is it a 25 specific classic design?

Guys a f150 with Eco boost is like 12k lbs towing heck I think 19 models are 13k now or something.. I pulled my 25 lsv many times with the f150 Platinum with Max tow package.. 2 wheel trailer instead of 3 wheel.. it's not a big deal for the truck it rides fine.. If I tow it everyday all the time then yes maybe a 250 would be better for the job.. but if you're only Towing here and there or short trips it's fine.. I have to drive mine 3 hours each way to the dealer and back and no problem... the three wheeled trailer would take some tongue weight off of the trailer because the added wheels are Fwd compared to the two wheeled trailers.. so I'm sure a three wheel trailer would ride even better just a little harder to turn at tight ramps.. the new 10-speed transmissions in these F-150s makes a huge enormous difference for towing.. unless you're going through the mountains or Towing everywhere you go all the time with a loaded crew and tons of gear in the back of the truck you don't really need the 250.. 

as mentioned the Raptor is worthless for towing way over priced gas hungry and total colossal waste of money just for some cool looks.. get a king ranch or platinum with Max Tow and you're fine and have a way better everyday riding truck... I tried to convince @IXFE to go get a platinum I think he was tempted but if he drives one I think he'lll be convinced.. 

the only thing I could see stopping anybody from buying a 25 vs 23 is the upgrading cost of a boat lift bigger canopy heavier capacity more coverage Etc.. but assuming you have a decent lift now for a 23 you should be able to get good $ for it and it shouldn't be too terrible to upgrade to a seven or eight K lift with 30 or 32 foot canopy.. depending on your setup if you have a 23 foot boat you probably already have a 6K lift which should net you 10 to 15 K  depending on options. and you can upgrade to a seven or eight K depending on manufacturer and options you're only about 20 to 25 K so you could safely assume 10-15K extra... floating lifts obviously way less..

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1