Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu VTX?

TTUWATERSKI

Went to the Tenn. plant today and saw the new VTX in person and I am impressed. Seating area is a bit close, but overall a sharp boat! It's very deep and curvy at the rear! Could have taken a ride, but was pressed for time so will have to wait till another day. Looks like a tightened up V-ride inside. Like the new material inside, sorta looks like silver weaved fiberglass. Sharp!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Adam

• mrothwell

• Forwaken

I am hearing they are having a minor supply problem, which they have had in the past, with the windshield.

Any truth to this Adam?

I am anxiously awaiting this boat at Boat Country. It appears on paper to be everything I am looking for in a boat. Depending on the wake, I may trade in my VLX for it......

J-ro...

Yep, it's me. I have always lurked here, just don't post at all. I found this site and WW taking too much of my time when I get too involved. I have been really good. How about you?

I am hearing they are having a minor supply problem, which they have had in the past, with the windshield.

Any truth to this Adam?

I am anxiously awaiting this boat at Boat Country. It appears on paper to be everything I am looking for in a boat. Depending on the wake, I may trade in my VLX for it......

My dealer also told me that they had one at the factory waiting for a back-ordered windshield.

Ditto on the "appears on paper..."

It's spelled "Nozzle", now go underwrite another vacation to Hawaii.

Funny you should say that, I just booked my ticket to Honolulu this morning for the Bank of Hawaii meeting. How can I possibly expect the CEO, CFO and General Counsel to fly all the way here when lil' ol' me can just get on a plane to paradise. Tongue.gif

Any truth to this Adam?

My dealer also told me that they had one at the factory waiting for a back-ordered windshield.

Yep, I think I saw it when I went down to get my VLX. It was pushed aside along with a Response that I believe was also ours that was waiting for a windshield too. I'll have to call Gordy, but I think they are now here.

Any truth to this Adam?

Yep, I think I saw it when I went down to get my VLX. It was pushed aside along with a Response that I believe was also ours that was waiting for a windshield too. I'll have to call Gordy, but I think they are now here.

The one that is here now, or at least I think is here, is on the Wake hull - sounds like late October before they get one on the Cut Diamond hull. Cry.gif

Yep- It's a VTX. Hopefully I will get to board behind it Saturday for our employee party. I'm taking my VLX - hopefully the other boat they bring is the VTX.

of the pics of the vtx i've seen, it looks like the freeboard is pretty low. is it just me?

and how does the vride fit in now? and was the vtx developed mainly for use on private lakes with extremely strict boat limitations?

Edited by madchild
of the pics of the vtx i've seen, it looks like the freeboard is pretty low. is it just me?

and how does the vride fit in now? and was the vtx developed mainly for use on private lakes with extremely strict boat limitations?

Don't confuse the VTX with being part of the Ride series because it isn't. It's the little sister to the VLX, with all of the same trim, appointments & options. I would guess that the size limitation is part of the reason, but there are also a lot of people out there that don't need and/or want the size of the VLX. The Ride series is still considered the "value" or "entry" level.

As for the freeboard, it looks similar to how my VLX sits on the water.

i inderstand it's not a "price point" boat. i was just concerned as to what would happen to the old vlx.

the size of the vlx is too big for some people? tell them to take more than 2 people out on a DD and they'll change their minds REAL quick. lol. asfter our boat, i'd kill for the room of a vlx.

that being said, when i'm in the market for a boat (next year lol Crazy.gif ) i'll want a used ws247lsv. even though my typical riding party is 3-4. i just love how comfortable and spacious they are. not to mention the ridiculous wake. ;)

You're not thinking about people out there that don't have garages big enough to hold a VLX - there are a lot of garages out there that aren't long enough to hold a VLX (especially when equipped with the power wedge), but that a VTX would fit nicely in. Add to that the fact that a VTX weighing less & being a smaller boat, it will handle a lot better than a VLX. Oh yes, there is definitely a market for this boat.

As for the VRide, it will still fill its place as a price point boat. With a base MSRP of about $47k, the VTX can hardly fill that role.

As for the VRide, it will still fill its place as a price point boat. With a base MSRP of about $47k, the VTX can hardly fill that role.

i wasn't concerned about the vtx displacing the vride in that respect, i was simply looking at it in terms of overall size.

i can only pray that the wake isn't a disappointment like the '06-on x-2.

is the sunscape20lsv with a hh383 the vdrive the 'footers have been begging for as well?

A more "Vert" and "Harder" wake if possible similar to 210.

Ease of use in the garage. (My 03'VLX already fits, but more room would be better)

The room I have now is fine and the new VTX, from What I hear actually feels bigger than what I have now.

These are the reasons I am interested in this boat in that particular order. Like I said, I can't wait to see the wake, that will be my deciding factor. I for one am extremely excited about this boat. There is definitley a market for this boat.

Chad