Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 25 LSV Coupler bolt failure

Just want to make everyone aware so that nobody has a bad day on the water. Was out on the lake this weekend to tube my kids. First time to pull them up, hit the throttle and heard a loud pop followed by metal banging around. Put it in neutral then forward and reverse and nothing. Had to paddle back to the dock. Luckily we were only a 100 yards. Took it to the dealer today and they new exactly what it was and showed me that the 4 internal coupler bolts snapped along with the two pins. They said this was the fourth 2017 they have seen this season with this issue. They are contacting Indmar, and in my opinion, this should be recalled. New part has six bolts and 2 pins so can handle more torque. 

6 hours ago, Maceman said:

Just want to make everyone aware so that nobody has a bad day on the water. Was out on the lake this weekend to tube my kids. First time to pull them up, hit the throttle and heard a loud pop followed by metal banging around. Put it in neutral then forward and reverse and nothing. Had to paddle back to the dock. Luckily we were only a 100 yards. Took it to the dealer today and they new exactly what it was and showed me that the 4 internal coupler bolts snapped along with the two pins. They said this was the fourth 2017 they have seen this season with this issue. They are contacting Indmar, and in my opinion, this should be recalled. New part has six bolts and 2 pins so can handle more torque. 

Our M did the same thing, not so lucky tho we were a little over a mile up river with no other boats in sight. Made for a long exhausting day especially getting it up on trailer all the way. 

Ask you dealer how bad out of spec the hub is when they reassemble. Before they properly line it up. Just curious.