Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Injector Cross Reference - 2002 Response LX w/Monsoon

Gary Pelletier

Hi crew, having some poor idle and hard start when warm issues - all pointing to some tired injectors.  New long block, fuel pump, fuel filter, coil, cap/rotor, plugs- everything has been recently done/checked.  The injectors are original with 2300hrs on the boat. Does anyone know the cross reference to an OEM brand?  I’ve heard Bostech MP3022 - but unsure.

Is the throttle body clean, particularly near the butterfly plate?  Carbon buildup at the edge of the valve and in the bypass orifices can cause those conditions as well.  No sense throwing parts at it until it is clean. 

My '01 Monsoon 325 had 3 bar, 24# GM Multec injectors that I replaced with Bosch Design III from Fuel Injector Connection. Apparently the GM Multec is a wet coil and modern fuel detergents will eventually erode the coating and short the coil.

https://fuelinjectorconnection.com/products/24lb-ford-racing

If you decide to do this, call and confirm with them that you are getting the correct modern replacement. FIC modifies Bosch D3 injector to be the same height as the original Multec injector.

Mine were $440 for a set of 8 new injectors (or $200 for rebuilt)

• Like 1

Not - pulled an injector today, got the numbers off them and called injector connection for a match this afternoon..Just as you highlight, getting the Bosch D3 24# for $440. Getting them tomorrow- will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the info -

• 2 weeks later...