Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV Command Center Screen

Went out today and 3 times the large Command Center Screen went blank. It lasted less than a minute then came back. Worked fine the rest of the day. Happened all 3 times under way pulling wake boarder and voltage was roughly 14.3 Volts. Everything continued to work with the screen blank = engine continued to run and speed control maintained speed. Only symptom was screen going blank.

I'll check connections tomorrow morning. Is there a certain connection I should focus on? Is this a common issue. Other posts have hinted that a new screen is needed.

I'm nervous Ill lose my screen all together and therefor lose my ability to drain the ballast tanks. Can see pulling the boat at the end of the day with all tanks full.

TIA

Sometimes they over heat. Try turning down the backlight by half. Barely changes the illumination but helps a lot on heat. I run mine at about 60% for daylight in texas sun and all those center monitor issues went away. 

3 hours ago, csleaver said:

Check your cat6 cable connections from the 7 inch screen to the 12 inch screen.  You can drain the ballast by using the bypass fuse positions in the power module under the dash if the 12 inch screen stops working.

Great info if your screen takes a hit.  Are you referring to the fuse panel?  What is the power module?

The power modules are the black fuse boxes under the helm dash.  They have decals on the cover indicating the fuse for ballast (fill or drain), lights, bilge, blower, etc...  Each had a bypass position next to the fuse position that will power that circuit, just like selecting it on the touch screen.  It is a backup way of turning on one of the touch screen controls if the screen isn't working.  FYI, the key switch on the side panel below the throttle control can also bypass the dash power button, crank and start the motor, and turn on the nav lights as a backup for those controls.

It depends on which function you want to bypass.  For example, let's say your center ballast is full, the 12 inch screen was not working, and you need to drain the tank.  With the dash power button (or the key switch) on, you could open the left power module cover,  remove the 7.5 amp fuse from the F4 position, and put the fuse in the F4B position next to it to turn on the center drain pump.  It would continue to pump out until you remove the fuse from the F4B socket, or until the dash power button, key switch, or battery switch was turned off.  The heater, undersea lights, and other drain and fill pumps on that power module would work in a similar fashion.  The other power module controls the interior, bow, docking, storage, nav, and anchor lights, and the blower, bilge pumps.