Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can’t start, touch screen button won’t work

Just got to the lake 

2011wakesetttet vlx

all the screens come on and every button on the screen works except start engine. I did put the correct code in, the button is lite up blue 

it looks like a couple bubbles at the top of the screen 

help. How do I fix it or how do I crank my boat ?

You can get the back up key kit, but you'll need to speak to your dealer.  I got mine from Bakesonline.com.  The install is fairly simple.  That said, the issue you are having is due to your MTC screen failing.  

And you will need a new screen too before too long. I needed to replace it last year, also a dealer item, but very simple to swap out. Dealer had it shipped straight to me, was about a 10 minute job.

Thanks guys. It was the safety switchbut the screen is acting funny. I had to press several times on a few tries yesterday to get it to crank. 

I do believe the screen is failing