Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nailed one 360 on surfboard BUT....

NCVride

So I finally nailed a 3 on the board.  I know. Simple to some of you guys.   Here is my problem.  I nailed it behind my buddy’s Moomba on his board.  

I tried 50+ times last weekend to nail it behind mine.  His Moomba wave seems to be a little shorter pocket wise  and a little less steep.   

I feel like my wave is dumping the board over everytime.  It feels like the wave is too steep.  Question, if it feels that way am I throwing the 3 to far up on the wave?   Maybe I should ride further out away from the wave before throwing it?   I know this post is worthless without a vid, but I’m stumped and sitting here drinking a 🍺 racking my brain. 

I can ride a good 15’ behind my boat with plenty of push but need some help here.  

Edited by NCVride

2 things:

1. When learning 360s success can be speradic.  You'll think you have them dialed in then go 2 weeks without landing one. Might have just been luck.

2.  I've never had the complaint of a surf gate wave being too steep.  Actually my complaimt is uaully the opposite. Maybe you need some bow weight?

Video will definitely help. For us and also for yourself to watch whats going on.  For new tricks there is always what I call the black out period where you dont really "see" the trick happening. Watching video of yourself can help you adjust body positioning while you are working to be more aware of the trick as its happening. 

I can stick it every time behind a buddy’s XT22 with the wave setting in steep, but have not landed on behind another friend’s G23 with the wave on 1/5 steepness. Who knows lol.